🎵 AotW Chris De Burgh - THE GETAWAY (SP-4929)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Chris de Burgh
THE GETAWAY
A&M SP-4929

sp4929.jpg

A1
Don't Pay The Ferryman 3:49 --- #34
A2 Living On The Island 3:29
A3 Crying And Laughing 4:32
A4 I'm Counting On You 4:26
A5 The Getaway 3:51
B1 Ship To Shore 3:48
B2 All The Love I Have Inside 3:17
B3 Borderline 4:33
B4 Where Peaceful Waters Flow 3:55
B5 The Revolution 3:55
B6 Light A Fire 4:29
B7 Liberty 5:02

Credits

Recorded at "Farmyard Studios", Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire, England
Stephen W. Tayler - engineer
Michael Ross - art direction and back cover photography
Syd Brak - illustration
Fin Costello - inner sleeve art

Management by Mismanagement Inc. of Los Angeles and London, Dave Margareson and Kenny Thomson

Also released as CD 4929

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on April 9, 1983
Charted for 22 weeks and peaked at #43

JB

Last edited:
I've always thought that 1982 was one of the best years (if not the best year) of pop/rock music. So how is it that I never heard the song "Don't Pay The Ferryman" by Chris deBurgh until 33 years later when I heard it in the grocery store? Go figure.

Must've been hiding underneath a rock.

Well, "Don't Pay the Ferryman" wasn't an especially huge hit - it did reach the Top 40 (his only other song besides "The Lady in Red" to make the Top 40 in America, unfortunately), but only got as far as #34, I believe. Great single, though (I especially love the breeziness of the melody in the verses); it definitely deserved to chart higher here. (But like you said, 1982 truly was one of the most fantastic years ever for pop/rock music, so there was certainly a surplus of great singles that year.) And I agree with AM Matt that The Getaway is actually a better album than Into the Light.

I haven't heard of Chris De Burgh's follow up "Man On The Line" (1984) on CD but I have heard "High On Emotion" when MTV played the music video. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I haven't heard of Chris De Burgh's follow up "Man On The Line" (1984) on CD but I have heard "High On Emotion" when MTV played the music video. Matt Clark Sanford, MI
My two all time favorite Chris De Burgh songs are " Dont Pay The Ferryman" " High on Emotion" Lady in red was ok but i like it better as a muzak instrumental cover( which i have several such versions) i have also both the original and cover instrumental versions of the two previously mentioned favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom