🎄 Holidays! Christmas picture 1982

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

and just seen the price of it. dang. Don't suppose any kindly soul out there with time on their hands fancies posting pictures of Richards new liner notes from this set.

Pretty please......

Neil

thanks Chris. Great Stuff. One final request. . .any chance seeing that 1982 xmas photo of KC and Dad?

Neil

any chance seeing that 1982 xmas photo of KC and Dad?

Untitledkc.jpg

Courtesy of this page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/khpburn84070/6968190174/

And closer up...the original picture looks grainy but the resolution is quite good. You can I think see something in her eyes that Richard did at the time.

Looking at this picture closely, her visible hand and her neck, she still looks emaciated. Not what I'd call well, and when you see pictures like this, I can understand how people close to her didn't think she was altogether 'cured' as she tried to convince everyone she was.

Untitledk34.jpg

I agree, though she did look better during her brief interview at the grammys 3 weeks later, so it may be the photo quality to an extent.

She's 108 pounds here, the same weight she managed to reach for her wedding in august of 1980. Yet in the pictures of her from her wedding day 2 1/2 years earlier she looks, though still very thin, infinitely better than she does here.

It gives you an idea of just how self-destructive she was throughout 81/82. . .the laxatives, the thyroid medication, and most recently the ipecac syrup. . . .not to mention the anxiety and depression pills she was taking. Also Karen gained her weight in 1980 herself, eating more, and over roughly a 6 month period, feb - august. . . .not intravenously over a 6 week period as she did sept/oct of '82.

that photos almost 30 years old. . .scary how fast time goes. Be happy y'all.

Neil

She really looks like Agnes, I think in that pic. Maybe its just the red-eye-ness of the pic or its age, but those eyes (like Richard has said) seem empty somehow; scarily so. Too think that this was the last Christmas she would have and that she had basically a little over a month left is downright heartbreaking.

But its a sweet picture with Harold though, and one to treasure for fans and family alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom