1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Chuck Mangione - "5 Original Albums"

Discussion in 'Jazz on A&M/CTi/Horizon and Others' started by David S, Aug 19, 2017.

1. David S

David S Active Member Thread Starter

Universal release in Europe of mini box set that includes Chase The Clouds Away, Main Squeeze, Feels So Good, Fun and Games, and 70 Years Young. Apparently part of a series of such mini box sets across their holdings.

But Main Squeeze, long unavailable on cd, would be available. Just wish Tarrantella woukd be released somehow. Maybe it is because of all of the performers on it...

It is listed on Amazon sites in the UK and in GER.

2. David S

David S Active Member Thread Starter

And I see now that it is listed for the USA for end of August release.

Bobberman likes this.
  3. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

Bellavia is missing from this set and it too has been long unavailable on cd but it's available for download on Amazon

4. Bobberman

As well as all the other albums represented in this box set are also available for download too

5. Bobberman

6. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator

The cover sketch is awful!

toeknee4bz and Bobberman like this.
  7. Bobberman

I couldn't agree more it makes it look cheap and tacky. They could have used a photo of Mangione instead it would be more presentable

8. It looks more like the guy on a pizza box...

[​IMG]

bob knack and Bobberman like this.
  9. Bobberman

Very true I seen that kind of illustration on many pizza boxes in my time. Lol

10. I wouldn't exactly say it was "awful".... but the smile is kinda creepy looking, IMHO.

Bobberman likes this.
  11. I always thought that 70 MILES YOUNG was a bit of a snoozefest. Not really my favorite Mangione album.

12. Bobberman

I respectfully disagree with the exception of one of the songs I would call a snooze fest The Feels so good vocal version was totally unnecessary as for the 70 miles young being a total update and expansion of 60 miles young I really enjoy all 3 themes which took up all of side 1 on the vinyl ( which I had until I was able to get the rare late 80s cd reissue which I still have and plan to keep )

13. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Looks more like a homeless person. :laugh:

Bobberman likes this.