Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good" Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, it's been a long time... :)

Ok, I know that on the "Feels So Good" albun, there a musical piece called "Theme From Side Street", but I don't remember that song, I remember the song "Feels So Good" very well though, I know it was a huge Billboard hit, so I've probably heard it on the radio at the time, but to me, I don't think that's the main reason that I remember that song so well..., it must have been also, maybe, a theme for a TV show at the time...!?!

Do you know if "Feels So Good" was the theme song from a TV show? (maybe it was used as a theme song from a french canadian network TV show also, I don't know...!?!)

Thank you

"Feels So Good" was a big radio hit (#4 in the US), so it got a lot of radio airplay. As for its use as a theme, well, instrumental hits are often tagged by people looking for themes. It could have been a local TV or radio show that picked it up.

Harry

One of our local news stations used the introduction from "Hide and Seek" (the side two opener) as a bumper. I'm certain that local shows could have used "Feels So Good" as a theme song or bumper music--many instrumentals had that honor back in those days.

As for the "Theme from Side Street", I've never known anything with that title. It would be interesting to find out if that song really was a theme for some kind of show or not.

A few I remember locally were the ending of Henry Mancini's "Symphonic Soul" used as a news broadcast theme, and the introduction to Ronnie Laws' "Always There" was used as a bumper on another news broadcast. Our local ABC affiliate, like many others, used a heavily edited version of "Tar Sequence" from the Cool Hand Luke soundtrack by Lalo Schifrin as their news theme.

Yes Rudy... "Theme From Side Street" was used in this 1975 to 1978 Canadian police-like TV show... (many screen shots and infos via that link) http://www.rickstv.com/sidestreet/ ...

So that's what I thought, I need a luck memory to pass by my mind or someone else to remember clearly 'cause it was the theme for a favorite show of his (or her)... I really thought that "Fells So Good" was used as the theme for a specific show, like say..., "Taxi" or "Night Court" had theirs, but I'm now sure with the opinions of A&M experts that it wasn't (internationally)..., and the only thing used for it in Canada was the intro to CBC Radio during noon time, but antway, I've never listened to that "national" radio station..., but I still think there's more about it than the Billboard success..., I mean during that period I was listening to radio two "Disco/Dance Music" radio stations and one Rock radio station, so..., the memory must come from something else...

Thank you Harry... Thank you Rudy...

:)

There's a scene in the movie FARGO, where Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good" is easily heard as background music in a restaurant that Jerry Lundegaard, his father-in-law Wade Gustafson & Wade's assistant & business partner, Larry Brandenberg are sitting in...

José Feliciano makes a guest appearance in the movie performing in a hotel lounge, too!

-- Dave

I love that movie..., I own it both on VHS and DVD. :righton:

..., but that's only 1996..., I'm looking for something in the late '70s / early '80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom