Close to You Sheet Music -possibly rare variant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundy

Hi all,

I have a question about some sheet music I found yesterday. I got a copy of Close to You -but the cover is completely b&w - where all other covers for this version of the song with the same illustration on it - seem to be brightly colored. I haven't had much luck finding out about this online. I have another version of Close to you with K&R on the cover - that one I know about. This one - with the flowers & rainbow - I hadn't seen before. And when I bought it my first thought was 'shouldn't this be colored?'. Ironically I found it yesterday - on the anniversary of Karen's death - so that kind of spooked me a bit. Got it for 50 cents. So if it is a rare version or a misprint - I got quite a find! Hoping someone knows the difference. This one doesn't say it is for any particular instrument - i'm guessing it's piano music though - as that's what I play & that's what the pile of sheet music I got it from was largely comprised of. Any & all help appreciated. Thanks in advance. I cannot seem to post an image in this message - it's only giving me an option to give a url - not to upload from my computer photo program- so I don't know how to include a photo of them. I can't seem to pull them from my fb page either...so if anyone knows how to load a photo on here that would help too. If you look up close to you on google images the one i'm talking about will come up - it is mostly orange & pink & green....really typical 70's colors. :)

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :wave:

What I do for a photo, if it's on my computer (and has no online link), is upload it to a free image-hosting site like Imgur and then provide the url that way. I'm not sure if anybody has a different way, though. Your find sounds quite interesting!

Oh very cool - thank you! I will try that.
EOc0mbi
gnPwKbB

Here I think I can help. The images are in those links, but if Grundy doesn't mind I'll get them to appear here.
EOc0mbi.jpg

This is the standard color version, as found on eBay at the moment:
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom