Comparing Sound from the Re-Mastered CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I wanted to ask those that have collected the U.S. Remastered Classics CD's from past years and who also have collected the Japan Box Set (either the first box set of 11 CD's or the recent Japan Box set of 13 CD's or bought them single-ly mini-lp style cd's-all of which are the Japan Re-mastered Classics)

Comparing the sound from the U.S. Versions vs. the Japan Versions. Do you think there is a difference? or are they about the same?

I only have 2 U.S. Remastered Classics so it's hard for me to say. I'd really like to hear from those that have a majority of the U.S. & also have the Japan remastered.

I will say this though, On the new box set I got from Japan with the 13Cd's there are a few that I have not been that happy with the clarity of the sound. On a few discs, (particularly Kind of Hush) it seems I have to turn my car stereo volume up really high, maybe I'm just comapring them too much with the new Treasures set I have (which I think has incredible sound) Or worse yet maybe I've been listening to my vinyl Lp's too much :shock: :shock:

So has anyone done a remastered classics comparison? U.S. Discs Vs Japan Discs?

Years ago I bought separetly the Japan single miniLp Style Cds of VOTH & Lovelines, both of which I feel sound excellent. But I don't have the U.S. Remastered of these to compare if there is any difference.

Everyone was talking about how much better the Japanese CDs sound but to tell you the truth I can't hear that much difference. The US 98 Remasters are just about the same as the Japan Remastered CDs.

Also, I can't tell much between todays well mastered CDs and vinyl. There is a major difference between the early CDs and vinyl but not now. Maybe I should upgrade to a better turntable and a better sound system.

Are the Japan CDs the original album mixes? My guess is they may just have the same masterings. If you have a ripping program like EAC on your computer, you can rip the same track from each disc and compare the checksum created from it. If it's the same, it supposedly tells you it's the same recording. (A checksum is basically a digital/mathematical function.)

Yes, the Japanese CDs are the original mixes. They identical even in times. Of course, the artwork is very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom