Corrs news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering when the Corrs release this new CD officially re opening the Corrs group will they be using their same record label as they had with all there other releases? So much can change in the music industry and its been so long since they put out any music as a group. I hope it's a physical cd and not a digital download only.

It's a great question and we'll have to watch for the answer. The Corrs had their entire career thus far in the CD age. By the time they finished, CD's were still the dominant medium for distribution, but things were just starting to go the other way.

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that both Sharon and Andrea released their solo efforts on CD, so they might realize that a lot of their fans still want and expect that. As for record label, I haven't heard. They are not listed on either of the two Atlantic Records sites (US and UK). The US site has a bunch of "legacy" artists, but nothing for The Corrs. The UK site lists a lot fewer artists (but does include Rumer).

I guess the days are over where they would release different bonus tracks only in certain countries. It makes me wonder though if places like Japan will issue their new upcoming release with an exclusive bonus track like they have in the past or can we count those days as a distant memory.

I wonder if they will release it under their name independently since they have to be millionaires with their prior record sales as a group.

I guess this is why I'm not on social media...I just tried to copy the 30 sec video link over hear and spent 20 mins and still can't make it work, way too difficult. I tried media, code links above to insert, no dice. Jim's twitter page says to copy this video to your website just copy and past the embedded code, too difficult for me.

There is an additional 30 second sound clip I just heard of what appears to be a new song from Jim's tweeter account, it has a nice drum beat, we get to see Jim on guitar, some guy at the control board, Sharon batting her eyes and Andrea taking the video looking up.

If this is any indication of the sound to come....I'm more excited than ever!!!!
...isn't this exciting???

The Corrs are performing live at Proms in the Park, Hyde Park, Sunday.

Will anyone here be attending?

I won't be there, but have taken note that they're scheduled to take the stage at 17:45 local time which will be 12:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time and are scheduled for an hour.

From what I understand there may or may not be streaming TV coverage for those of us outside the UK, but we will likely be able to hear the proceedings on BBC2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/programmes/schedules/2015/09/13

Harry

Anyone here attending Proms in the Park at Hyde Park this weekend to see the Corrs tomorrow?

I saw on The Corrs Club that one of our past members (whose been inactive here for a long while), Norma, is headed to Hyde Park. She was a member of Ran's old Carpenters board and posted a few times here and then moved on to The Corrs.

Listening now on BBC Radio 2 website player. So far they've played:

Breathless
Runaway
Dreams
What Can I Do
Radio
Toss The Feathers.

Thats it.

Last edited:
I found the video of their performance on Youtube. They all look great, but Andrea looks like she hasn't aged a day!

Those Corrs videos don't last long, but if you do a search for "Corrs Bring On The Night" you can usually find someone who's uploaded the radio broadcast of the song. I just grabbed a copy to play while I wait for the album (November 27th release date), which now has more official artwork:

91CvzFEsccL._SL1425_.jpg

Track list:

1. I Do What I Like
2. Bring On The Night
3. White Light
4. Kiss Of Life
5. Unconditional
6. Strange Romance
7. Ellis Island
8. Gerry's Reel
9. Stay
10. Catch Me When I Fall
11. Harmony
12. With Me Stay

Try https://soundcloud.com/eastwestrecords/the-corrs-bring-on-the-night-first-play-on-bbc-radio-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom