Crescent Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah! That was fast. I just put the video up last night and it's already being discussed on The Corner. Glad we're discussing it, because I was going to ask when and where it was from.

I got it from an old CD-R I got from someone around 2001 or 2002. It had some mixed tracks, but I don't think anymore CSUSB choir tracks. It would be interesting to hear all of those. Maybe someday...

Nice...I heard that before but it's been a long time, thanks for upping that. If you listen closely it does sound like it came from an LP but I've never seen one before.

I wonder if K&R cut enough trax with the Cal State thing to constitute a full record? I think there were ten trax but really I have no clue. In any event the precursor to TICKET/OFFERING would be a welcome ditty.

Jeff

There is a full record, but I it is not "Carpenters." It is of the CSUSB Choir that happens to have K&R's involved as members of the chior. I don't know this for sure because I have not heard the entire album, but this is my understanding.

I believe there are a couple of albums. One when they were in the choir and then there is a best of collection from over the years of Frank Pooler as director. Could somebody verify that please?

Did anyone notice how evident it is on this Cal State Recording that right before she sings the words Crescent Noon you can literally hear her take a breath in....now we all know she didn't "need" to take that breath and she does it twice. :confused:

I always make sure to listen to this song while going on my afternoon walks through the park in September/November. Very poignant.

Anyone heard this?

I thought I'd heard everything Carpenters! Karen sounds amazing here. I like the choir and arrangement, too. I've always loved this song, ever since I bought my first copy of the 'Close to You' album at the age of 12 in 1976. Thanks for posting this! Karen sounds as beautiful as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom