Dionne Walks On By

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

The possession of marijuana charges against Dionne Warwick have been dropped. From the CDNow site:

The misdemeanor marijuana possession charge against singer Dionne Warwick was dropped by the State of Florida on Wednesday (June 5) after she completed a pretrial drug program offered to first-time offenders and made a $250 donation to an AIDS charity.

The 61-year-old singer, known for such hits as "Walk on By" and "I Say a Little Prayer," was arrested on May 12 when security at the Miami International Airport found 11 joints in her lipstick case.

Capt. Bacardi

I am always amazed at the teensy little fines that stars get assessed when they go astray. $250? Why not make it something that'd sting a little, like say $25,000?

I suppose there are limits set by the law, I guess. It is sort of irritating though to hear celebrities go on like they don't care about their traffic tickets, car wrecks, etc. because they can afford whatever crappy little fines they get charged.

OK, it's just sour grapes 'cause I'm not rich....at least I admit it! :badteeth:

I suppose, during Ms. Warwick's incarceration on these charges, she -- er, "said a little prayer"?

W.B. said:
I suppose, during Ms. Warwick's incarceration on these charges, she -- er, "said a little prayer"?

Groan! As bad as the terms for her release/settlement being "arranged" by Burt Bacharach!

--Mr Bill
still curious as to why all her psychic friends didn't give a heads up...

Mr Bill said:
W.B. said:

Groan! As bad as the terms for her release/settlement being "arranged" by Burt Bacharach!

--Mr Bill
still curious as to why all her psychic friends didn't give a heads up...

Yeah..."That's what friends are for..."

Dan :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom