Dionne Warwick Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

MSNBC just reported that Dionne Warwick was arrested in Miami on a marijuana charge at the airport. I wonder if Whitney Houston was naearby at the time? :cool:

Capt. Bacardi

I've heard many ask where her psychic friends were and why they didn't forewarn her.
JB

Probably because she has a good dope connection there. :badteeth:

-= N =-

It's very sad for me to observe Dionne Warwick's decline :sad: I really enjoyed her ARISTA albums, featuring hits like:

I'll Never Love This Way Again (1979, produced by Barry Manilow)
Heartbreaker (1982, written by Bee Gees, No.2 in UK)
Run To Me (1985, written by bee Gees, Duet with Barry Manilow)
That's What Friends Are For (1986, written by Bacharach; performed with Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight; No.1 in UK)
Love Power (1987)

and, ofcourse, I enjoyed her singing "In Love Alone"(Carpenter/Bettis) on Richard Carpenter's Solo Album "Time"(1987).

So, I have many good memories of Dionne's music. I hope that she will be seeing better days soon.

As I live in Germany, I don't know what those "Psychic Friends" are. Could somebody please be so kind and give me some information about this?

Thanx!

Bruno

At one point in her lifetime, she became involved with some psychics, and changed her last name to "Warwicke" (with a trailing "e") per their recommendation to put her name "in balance" with the elements, or something silly like that. She wised up and got out of it, and changed her name back to its original spelling. I don't have the complete story, but read some of this from the Bacharach box set.

-= N =-

Thanx, Rudy; so it seems to be some kind of esoteric silliness.

I did some research in the internet meanwhile and fout out, that Dionne is still with those Psychic Friends, she is even hosting a TV show for them.

Is she convinced of this stupid nonsense, or does she need the money??

Don't understand it..... :rolleyes:

Didn't I read somewhere that former Brasil '65 vocalist Wanda De Sah changed her name to "Wanda Sa" for the same reasons? (Numerology?)

- William

"If you see me puffin' down the street,
And I look too high, each time we meet...
Puff on by...puff on by..." :badteeth:

-= N =-

"I smell the smoke coming under your windowshade,
Are you there with another joint......?" :jester:

"You see this girl?
This girl's in love with pot.
Yes I get high
Who gets red eyes the way I do?
When I smile,
you can tell I love my doobage
very much.
My hands, are shakin',
Don't let, my hookak keep breakin cuz..."

-= N =- :laugh:

Remember the Bacharach albums recorded with a Moog synthesizer called Switched-On Bacharach?

How about High-On Bacharach?

Did Dionne have a hard time convincing officials that these joints were for medicinal purposes only? :wink:

-= N =-
...remembering Rodney Dangerfield in "Easy Money" retrieving his hidden stash from his Roach Hotel in the medicine cabinet...

Last week's "Entertainment Weekly" had a quote from Jon Stewart on Comedy Central about Dionne's recent arrest. He said that the marijuana cigarettes had been,as usual,meticulously arranged for Ms. Warwick by Burt Bacharch. Great line but thankfully I didn't have to watch the Stewart show to hear a rare good one. Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom