Errors in song titles on CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.C. Jr

Does anyone else have errors on the song titles for Passage or Lovelines? Both have the Remastered Classics albums listed inside the tray, but not mentioned on the yellow side strip. They sound fine, so I don't think they are counterfeit. Could anyone else help on this? On my CDs, there are these errors:

B'Wana She No Name (Who proofread that?! :rolleyes:)

Whe I Fall In Love
Your The One

Simple errors, but very odd... :confused:

Does anyone else have errors on the song titles for Passage or Lovelines? Both have the Remastered Classics albums listed inside the tray, but not mentioned on the yellow side strip. They sound fine, so I don't think they are counterfeit. Could anyone else help on this? On my CDs, there are these errors:

Whe I Fall In Love
Your The One

I loved Road One and Crescent Moon, but especially the CD that labelled them as Crapenters :laugh:

Whe I Fall In Love
Your The One

Where did you purchase these CD's? On my Japanese Lovelines CD (PCCY-10022) there are no song title errors.

Never heard of that one in all the years I've been collecting and watching the international releases. Where was this one from?

Being it was online and a U.S. seller, I would assume it's an American release. I am terrible with numbers and identification, but on the spine and disc there is a "394 703 2".

Spelling errors are the first clue of counterfeits/bootlegs, sorry for your loss. 3 yrs ago not much you can do now. We have had threads here in the past to help people detect this stuff.

Spelling errors are the first clue of counterfeits/bootlegs, sorry for your loss. 3 yrs ago not much you can do now. We have had threads here in the past to help people detect this stuff.
I was afraid of that...but thanks for your help! I definitely am enjoying A&M Corner.

Whe I Fall In Love
Your The One

As well as being con-artists, they are also very stupid.

All of my PASSAGE and LOVELINES CD's have the correct spellings. Without the particulars, I'd guess that perhaps someone bought counterfeit discs and then turned around and resold them on Amazon to try to recoup THEIR loss. What's odd here is that neither PASSAGE nor LOVELINES were all that rare so that counterfeiters wouldn't be all that interested in making those titles.

Are these in standard jewel-cases? Is the artwork OK? Are there misspellings there?

Another thought is that someone bought one of those counterfeit sets from China for the 40th. You know, the one with the MAADE IN AMERICA spelling on the spine? Perhaps the purchaser of one of those sets turned around and stuck those counterfeit discs into old jewel cases and sold them off that way, keeping the proper Remastered Classics discs in the 40th cases? Just stabs in the dark here, but they surely sound like Chinese bootlegs to me.

Harry

All of my PASSAGE and LOVELINES CD's have the correct spellings. Without the particulars, I'd guess that perhaps someone bought counterfeit discs and then turned around and resold them on Amazon to try to recoup THEIR loss. What's odd here is that neither PASSAGE nor LOVELINES were all that rare so that counterfeiters wouldn't be all that interested in making those titles.

Are these in standard jewel-cases? Is the artwork OK? Are there misspellings there?

Another thought is that someone bought one of those counterfeit sets from China for the 40th. You know, the one with the MAADE IN AMERICA spelling on the spine? Perhaps the purchaser of one of those sets turned around and stuck those counterfeit discs into old jewel cases and sold them off that way, keeping the proper Remastered Classics discs in the 40th cases? Just stabs in the dark here, but they surely sound like Chinese bootlegs to me.

Harry
Hi! The cases are standard jewel cases and liner notes appear perfect. (Even the lengthy Passage one with all the inner sleeve info). They look exactly like they should, which is why I never really gave thought to any fraud until now. (Been reading some past discussions :wink:)

When I purchased them, I think they were from a (supposedly) reputable seller who was actually a store in that state. The other disc, A Kind of Hush, seems fine. The only concerning factor is the missing "Remastered Classics" text along the side. It has the albums listed under the tray, but nothing else. :confused:

To my knowledge, the only official spelling error on the Remastered Classics discs was the album title "CAREPENTERS" on the disc face.

Hi! The cases are standard jewel cases and liner notes appear perfect. (Even the lengthy Passage one with all the inner sleeve info). They look exactly like they should, which is why I never really gave thought to any fraud until now. (Been reading some past discussions :wink:)

When I purchased them, I think they were from a (supposedly) reputable seller who was actually a store in that state. The other disc, A Kind of Hush, seems fine. The only concerning factor is the missing "Remastered Classics" text along the side. It has the albums listed under the tray, but nothing else. :confused:
Can you post pics of these differences, are the wrong spellings on the spine of the jewel case, back jewel case track titles and on the physical disc too? It would also help others see what your referring to.

Can you post pics of these differences, are the wrong spellings on the spine of the jewel case, back jewel case track titles and on the physical disc too? It would also help others see what your referring to.
I will try to post some pics later today. The misspelling is only on the disc itself.

thumb

thumb
thumb
thumb

Guys, I'm really sorry about the crooked discs and small pictures, but I hope it helps a little...I'm still new to this...:oops:

It's fine, I get what you're up against. I have the 'Lovelines' CD and the writing on the CD is all in grey so you definitely have a fake there I'm afraid.

The jackets look correct although I can't read the back of the passage to well as its blurry.

The discs are surely counterfeit. The ink they used is rubbing off that a clue there and there are numerous typos. Did you catch the "Whe I Fall in Love"

This person didn't even know how to spell. My guess is someone got these and then disguised them in true jackets and it may be multiple people one doing the counterfeit discs and another trying to off load it to you by dressing it up in true inserts.

So sad. This is the very thing Richard Carpenter talked about.

Thanks for all your help, everyone! I don't think I'll buy from that seller again...if they're even still around...

It's fine, I get what you're up against. I have the 'Lovelines' CD and the writing on the CD is all in grey so you definitely have a fake there I'm afraid.

Let's not get carried away. K.C.Jr. seems to have an actual Remastered Classics iteration of LOVELINES. Remember, that one wasn't issued in the States, and the BIEM/MCPS designation tells me that it's of UK origin, remastered in 2009.

https://www.discogs.com/Carpenters-Lovelines/release/4192865

The lettering on K.C.Jr's disc is probably silver, not easy to photograph, and when they print the info near the hub, it can fade. I've seen many discs like this. If this was indeed a 2009 re-pressing of this disc for Europe or the UK, it could be genuine - with an actual spelling error. I'm not now convinced that that one's counterfeit. And PASSAGE could be part of the same repressing. I don't know.

I searched for a long time to find a Remastered Classic version of LOVELINES to complete that collection and I had to find the UK version. It has the same UPC code as the one displayed above - and different from the old original LOVELINES from 1989.

Just sayin'. The jury is still out.

Let's not get carried away. K.C.Jr. seems to have an actual Remastered Classics iteration of LOVELINES. Remember, that one wasn't issued in the States, and the BIEM/MCPS designation tells me that it's of UK origin, remastered in 2009.

https://www.discogs.com/Carpenters-Lovelines/release/4192865

The lettering on K.C.Jr's disc is probably silver, not easy to photograph, and when they print the info near the hub, it can fade. I've seen many discs like this. If this was indeed a 2009 re-pressing of this disc for Europe or the UK, it could be genuine - with an actual spelling error. I'm not now convinced that that one's counterfeit. And PASSAGE could be part of the same repressing. I don't know.

I searched for a long time to find a Remastered Classic version of LOVELINES to complete that collection and I had to find the UK version. It has the same UPC code as the one displayed above - and different from the old original LOVELINES from 1989.

Just sayin'. The jury is still out.

Well, that makes me feel a little better, Harry. :)

You're right, the letters are silver. And when I checked, I realized I received both albums from 2 different sellers.

I've actually got 3-inch Japanese Carpenters single of "Ave Maria/Merry Christmas Darling" from November 21, 1996 (both dates on the side paper) with the word Darling misspelt Daring.

I've never seen so many spelling errors and ink coming off on any official CDs before, if this is legit why have we not seen these before? Maybe these are one off's.

I've never seen so many spelling errors and ink coming off on any official CDs before, if this is legit why have we not seen these before? Maybe these are one off's.

Rick, the ink isn't really coming off. Due to the lighting in pictures, it does look that way. It's really just more faded and hard to catch in the light.

Rick, the ink isn't really coming off. Due to the lighting in pictures, it does look that way. It's really just more faded and hard to catch in the light.
Oh ok but all the spelling errors I've never seen discs with this many spelling error, like I mentioned it could be one off's but still seems odd. It could be language barrier like Japan to English translation but Harry mentioned it had a UK marking, yeah I'm confused on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom