1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

EXCLUSIVE: Vinyl Studio Album Box Set

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Simon KC1950, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Simon KC1950

Simon KC1950 Member Thread Starter

I hope that becomes a reality. I'm sure this vinyl box set of studio albums will be a success.

I didn't know "who do you love" was a single.

2. A&M Retro

A&M Retro Well-Known Member

'Who Do You Love' was released as a single in Japan. I'm not sure if it charted or not, though.

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  3. Think how Joe Osborn will feel, wasn't it recorded in his garage? His label? It's going to be very interesting to see what this LP box set will actually look like (the labels, the packaging, etc)...I'm getting antsy :goodie:.

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  4. David A

David A Member

Yes, allow me to rephrase. I think it's indisputable that Karen wanted to explore her higher register, in the late '70's. From Little Girl Blue to many other sources, this seems to be a consensus. Certainly, many of her songs in the latter part of her career were sung in a higher register, with less lower register used.

Whether that equates to "shedding" her lower register somewhat, is another matter. I do not recall reading anything specific or explicit about that; it's my opinion. I happen to believe that she made a conscious effort to use her lower register less often, as part of evolving as a singer and exploring other forms of vocal expression - and possibly, putting some distance between the "old" Karen and a "new" Karen for the 80's.

Again, the latter is just this person's opinion, based on what I've heard, read, and the songs Karen sang in the late 70's/early '80's.

Simon KC1950 likes this.