1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!
  1. martin

martin Member Thread Starter

I have listened to Herb's new single a few times, streaming it from Tidal. I find I like it a lot. Herb's playing is impressive and easy recognizable. It is a fun track to listen to, to me it has a lot of the TJB spirit in it and it is still modern and cool.
    And of course it is great in 2017 to be able to go out and get a new Herb Alpert single, only you don't even have to go as far as to the record store to get it.
    Looking forward to "The Christmas Gift".

- Greetings from the nice north -

Martin

2. It can also be heard now on YouTube.

3. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the new album that this originated from it won't be long now

Ronnie Madrid likes this.
  4. David S

David S Active Member

What does the YouTube note "Provided to YouTube by Warner Music Group" mean? Is the forthcoming release not a "HS Presents" release?

5. The "Herb Alpert Presents" record label is marketed and distributed by Alternative Distribution Alliance, which is owned by Warner Music Group. The video is marketing; hence, Warner Music Group's name appears.

Steven J. Gross and David S like this.
  6. David S

David S Active Member

Thank you kindly for the explanation. :thumbsup:

7. You're very welcome!

8. alpertfan

alpertfan Member

Just streamed it on Spotify. I still prefer the version recorded with Jeff Lorber for Second Wind. This sounded like it was recorded in a hurry, in maybe one or two takes, and the beginning sounds almost like the Harlem Globetrotters' theme.

9. Is this the 4th time he recorded this? He must really like Flamingo! My favorite is till the SRO version.

Charles H. likes this.