Friends of Dorothy...

And, let us not forget Face The Music (Thanks Ned Nickerson !):

It is refreshing that this game show gave such attention to Karen!

I've got a secret: To tell the truth, I was a big fan of game shows, mostly in the 1970s. The $64,000 question is: whoever heard of Face the Music? I've been at cross-wits trying to remember it. Perhaps it was the weakest link in its time slot, as it lasted less than 2 years (1980-1981). After "Sing" was played, one contestant was able, in a split second, to name that tune, with minimal concentration. With regard to "friends of Dorothy," you don't say! :laugh:

Jeopardy also had a full column of Answers--in one of the episodes--
devoted exclusively to Carpenters' songs.
And, let us not forget Face The Music (Thanks Ned Nickerson !):

It is refreshing that this game show gave such attention to Karen!

I've got a secret: To tell the truth, I was a big fan of game shows, mostly in the 1970s. The $64,000 question is: whoever heard of Face the Music? I've been at cross-wits trying to remember it. Perhaps it was the weakest link in its time slot, as it lasted less than 2 years (1980-1981). After "Sing" was played, one contestant was able, in a split second, to name that tune, with minimal concentration. With regard to "friends of Dorothy," you don't say! :laugh:
Saw that "Face The Music" episode when the USA network showed the reruns in 1990!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

By the way, this is (the late) John Harlyn speaking, "Face The Music" starring Ron Ely is a Sandy Frank Production. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

By the way, this is (the late) John Harlyn speaking, "Face The Music" starring Ron Ely is a Sandy Frank Production. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Thanks, AM Matt! By the way, I did remember that, earlier in his career, Ron Ely played Tarzan in a U.S. TV series.

The late John Harlyn was the announcer for the second season of "Face The Music" (September 1980 till the finale in February of 1981). Also the announcer for the late Bob Hope specials. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The TV series "Tarzan" debuted back in September 8, 1966 till September 13, 1968 on NBC. Diana Ross & The Supremes were in one episode. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

This is (the late) John Harlyn speaking, "The $100,000 Name That Tune" is a Sandy Frank Production" (January of 1984 till May of 1985). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom