girl singing Ave Maria on youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

There is this girl singing and playing piano simultaneously AVE MARIA and she does a beautiful job on youtube....she says, "I'm playing and singing Karen Carpenter's version of the Ave Maria, (Bach Gounod) in my living room."....

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed this.

There are so many facets to this song, breathing, control, the pronunciation of lyrics, staying in key, then there's the emotional aspect and being able to make the listener feel what you are singing, when you put all that into perspective you REALLY realize what a gift Karen had and what she could accomplish with a tough song like this. Karen makes it seem so easy when we listen to her, Karen was so talented it's beyond words.

I have often thought that Karen's ability to carry such long notes and phrases without taking a breath was due to the fact that she sang so quietly, with little push of air from her lungs. When she sang, it was probably at half the volume and effort of most singers, yet out came this unimaginable sound. She could sing in one breath what most other singers could only produce with two or three as she had plenty of reserves. That's where the really great microphones they used take over - they captured that infinitesimally small sound and made it sound really big. That's part of the secret to producing Karen's voice on those difficult records I think - Richard made the technology work in her favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom