Goodbye for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Let me tell a little story 'bout a gal named Shirl...the gal that she lived with was rarely called a pearl...but then one day Shirl was hunting for some food, and up from the ground came a bubblin' crude...oil that is...Texas Tea...you know the rest..." :wink:

Jon

...thinking a bit of humor couldn't hurt this situation at all, online...

Steven J. Gross said:
Lousy Shirley! Could you maybe see if there is a way she would change her mind? :bandit:

I like the way you think, Steven...like perhaps pour on the water and watch her melt away to nothing? On the contrary, I don't think this gal is going anywhere for a while. When she does, she'll likely be alone!

Jon

Mr Bill said:
Hey Shirl!

Sorry to here this has happened. Your Aunt Muriel sounds like my Aunt Ellie.

Hey Bill!

I'm the one with the mean Aunt Muriel...not Shirley! Darn it!! If I'm going to have a mean, cruel and nasty aunt...I'll take credit where credit's due!!! :wink:

Jon

...defending his old biddy of an aunt -- and laughing hysterically, online...

Jon,
I'm rolling on the floor laughing. Great lyrics, and sorry about the credit for the Aunt, I'll give her back to you, okay? Stephen I doubt that she would change her mind but at this point I don't think I'd want her to, This would surely come up again at another time. She's blaming me for the Magnolia trees being in distress too, she swears it's because I haven't been watering them. I called the local garden center and there is a fungus in our area affecting ALL of the Magnolias. I even showed her an article the Garden manager gave me, do you think she'd admit she could be wrong ? NOOOO! She accused me the other day of turning the sprinklers back on after she had watered, I hadn't touched them. I went out to the garage and she had moved the switch half way down instead of to the off position, so they came back on automatically. When I showed her do you think she would admit she was wrong? NOOO again!

Off the subject a bit, but last month my son Josh and I went to see an anniversary showing of the Wizard of Oz, original film too with all the crackling noises and squiggly lines running across the screen. There was a young woman sitting next to us with her two children, one a little guy of 4 or 5. When the scene came on where the flying Monkeys picked up Dorothy and took her to the wicked witches castle I heard the little boy saying quietly, but desperately "Quick, get the water, get the water!" :D

We've not heard from Shirley in a while...have you already moved on? Please send us an update, let us know what's happening! I'll try to reach you by phone and/or e-mail this afternoon. Just wanted to let you know we're thinking about you! :)

Jon

...wondering where Shirley is, online and off...

No, I'm still around Jon. I have just been out every day looking, looking for an apt. Found a one bedroom in Concord ( 10 min away) and am moving July 1st. I had to pay $895.00, but for now it is worth it just to get out of this situation. I will be back on the corner or contact people when I get settled. Am planning to drop AOL Email, so will send new one when I get connected.
Love you guys,
Shirl

Hi Shirley!

I'm so glad to hear you've found a place to nest. Good for you. It's a load off my mind. I noticed you popped in on Mr. Bill's thread last evening. I was glad to see your post. Please do keep us abreast of how to reach you (please send me a private e-mail when you get settled). And, if there's anything I can do to help with the move, let me know -- I'm only 50 miles away -- a hop, skip and a jump!

Love You.

Jon

Thanks Sweets,
Public storage is moving me and it's all under control, but I appreciate the offer. I'll be in touch soon.

Kewl! However, if you need someone to balance a wedding cake or two, I'm your guy!! :laugh:

Jon

Somebody should bake Shirley a housewarming cake...glad to hear you've found some new digs.

No more wicked witch! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dan

Thanks Dan, these past two weeks have been pure Hell. I am counting the days till I can leave. She has had some nasty comment for me every single day, she has gone through my things in my room when I have been out. She took a list of sayings I had typed up for ideas for a birthday cake order, when I got home she said she was very upset with me for writing those cute little sayings about her and that she had made a copy of it. This woman is a whacko. I called my friend Brent and asked if I could borrow his little dog Harvey ( I babysit Harvey when Brents away) and bring him over here to guard my room, thinking maybe he would bite Dorothy on the ankle. Brent said forget about Harvey, he would come over here himself and he would bite Dorothy on the ankle! :D

Tell Brent to forget about it...I'm on my way with a bucket of water. After all, I've always wanted to see how they did that stunt in The Wizard Of Oz!! :laugh:

Jon

...counting the days to Shirley's freedom, online...

Here's a photo of Shirley's roommate in her heyday as a Hollywood Starlet...

photo5.jpg

Jon

...wondering when the "Little Green Men" will arrive to claim their "Master", online... :wink:

cakeicer said:
Thanks Dan, these past two weeks have been pure Hell. I am counting the days till I can leave. She has had some nasty comment for me every single day, she has gone through my things in my room when I have been out. She took a list of sayings I had typed up for ideas for a birthday cake order, when I got home she said she was very upset with me for writing those cute little sayings about her and that she had made a copy of it. This woman is a whacko. I called my friend Brent and asked if I could borrow his little dog Harvey ( I babysit Harvey when Brents away) and bring him over here to guard my room, thinking maybe he would bite Dorothy on the ankle. Brent said forget about Harvey, he would come over here himself and he would bite Dorothy on the ankle! :D

I'm not an expert or therapist, but it sounds like there might be some hardening of the arteries[to the brain...], or maybe some senile dementia going on here...don't quote me on this...but Alzheimer's might be a possibility...however, anyone going through your things is a major invasion of privacy. The woman certainly has her share of problems...and you're much better off away from her.

Dan

Although I'm no expert either, I agree with Dan. I don't know about Alzheimers (my Grandfather suffered with this. He had no idea who anyone was and I don't think he would have gone through others' possessions because he wasn't of the right mind to do so...sad, sad disease).

As for the privacy issue, she has no right to go through your things. Period. Talk about WRONG. Let the old bag go through your things, make copies, etc. Then let her try to do something with it. Once anyone finds out how she obtained them, you'd have the upper hand anyway.

Better that you're leaving the situation behind. Now you can move on with your life while she rots away, miserable and lonely.

Jon

OH, Lordy, I'll bet Shirl is counting the minutes and seconds 'til next week!!

Marilyn,
online, with visions of Brent sharpening his teeth and Jon with a bucket of water!! :D :D :D

Oh, to heck with the bucket...I say we just turn the hose on her! :shock:

Jon

...shamefully suggestive and rightfully so, online...

I can hear the screams now...."I'M MELLLLLTIIIINNNNG!"

:winkgrin:

Well, it's been a couple of days since we last heard from Shirley. I wonder if this means she's in the new place? If so, I hope she's getting settled, feeling comfortable and breathing a sigh of relief. She can move on with her life.

Call me senitmental, but no one deserves this kind of treatment. I was there...I met Carolyn, her friend, her dog...a great couple of gals, full of laughter...a cute, lovable dog as well. Shirley and Carolyn were friends, plain and simple. Carolyn had a ready smile for anyone, as did her friend. God took them much too soon. On the other hand, Heaven is a better place to have them. Bittersweet for Shirley (and those of us who knew Carolyn); a Blessing for them.

Botton line: Carolyn's mom has no right to treat Shirley in this fashion. Shirley was a good friend to Carolyn, took care of and protected her dogs, her home, etc. Personally, I'm glad she's moving on.

Good luck Shirley. As always, we're with you 100%!!! :wink:

Jon

Thanks Guys,
I am moved and getting settled in. The last day there was VERY quiet! Dorothy didn't say one word to me, nor me to her, other than handing her the key and telling her the carpet cleaner would be there the next day to do my room. Carolyns sister Bonnie was there and came into my room sobbing, put her arms around me and told me how sorry she was that her mother had been so difficult. I told her it wasn't her fault and she should remind herself every day that she doesn't have her mothers personality or disposition. By the way, I found all of the things Dorothy accused me of stealing, Bonnie and a friend had stowed them away on shelves in the garage, I brought them into the house one at a time and plopped them down on the floor and told her I resented being thought of as a thief! Did she apologize or thank me for finding them? NOOOO, she wanted to know where Carolyns icing spatulas were, I reminded her that I use professional grade cake equipment, not junk and that shut her up. As Jon says, it is behind me now and I am happy to be out. I got in the apt. 2 days early and was without furniture during that time, slept on the floor with just a pillow and blanket, but it was such a relief to be out of that stress that I slept like a baby. Independence Day takes on a whole new meaning for me this year! Have a good one everybody and thanks for listening to my soap opera drama as it unfolded. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom