Gracinha Due on CD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Well, ask and ye shall receive. Dusty has Gracinha coming out on CD in the next couple of months--knew it had to be a matter of time. (They have it misspelled Grasinha in their upcoming releases section). Wonder if the guy who paid $145 knows--plus his copy is mono! Now, if they would get around to the fabulous '67 Edu Lobo disc with her guesting, I'd be in paradise! :D

I wonder if the person who SOLD it knew it was coming out on CD.

I see that a lot with movies that have been prized on LaserDisc that have to date not made it to DVD. Prices will be grossly inflated until the DVD comes out. After that, you couldn't give away the LaserDisc.

This is good news. I'll have to pay an online visit to Mr. Groove soon. Thanks for the tip!

Harry
...with another one on the wish list, online...

I saw a copy of the Japanese Equinox floating around eBay. Another buck or so, and the U.S. release will be cheaper (at full list). Again, we'll wonder if the buyer and/or seller realize this.

Should look through my Laserdiscs one of these days, and see what I can get rid of...

-= N =-

And, speaking of EQUINOX, a quick visit to Dusty Groove reveals that not only will the upcoming release be on CD, but there's an LP release too!

Harry
...who wants his Mendes digital, thank you, online...

Sergio & Gracinha are married, and have been for quite a while -- since sometime in the 70s. Gracinha first surfaced (other than her solo work) on Sergio's FOOL ON THE HILL album doing "Lapinha." We've heard that she appeared uncredited on the "Ye-Me-Le" song on the album of the same name. The next album STILLNESS is the real crossover album. Lani appears on the cover photographs, but Gracinha (and not Lani) is credited and pictured inside and sings lead on "Lost In Paradise." Gracinha, now officially a member of the newly-named Brasil '77 continued to appear on most of Sergio's albums thereafter, although there are a few of the "English" albums (later 70s) that she's not a part of.

Gracinha also of course was the lead vocalist for the two Bossa Rio albums that Sergio produced, and appears on Sergio-produced albums of Edu Lobo and Dori Caymmi.

I'm sure there must be other albums that Gracinha's worked on over the years that our Brazilian music experts can fill you in on.

Harry
...eager to hear Gracinha's solo work, online...

Would she have been on Brasil '86 also? There were some doubled vocals on that one, a few with Siedah Garrett. Highlight on that album was Lani Hall's track.

-= N =-

Yes, Gracinha appeared on all of the 80s A&M albums, then the BRASILIERO album for Elektra and the latest, OCEANO on Verve Forecast (Polydor in Japan).

Harry
NP: radio at work

Brasil6699 said:
And Dusty Groove has it.

Maaan...what don't they have?? I think most of us would be lost w/o Dusty Groove! :D

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom