1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to [email protected]. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Heard Carpenters

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Graeme

Graeme Active Member

It’s taken from the 1971 BBC concert. I think they're mining/lip synching but it's still great to watch. A track I never grow tired of and I love the organ towards the end.

Sue likes this.
  2. A little bit late but it should still be on the BBC radio player.
    On Johnnie Walkers Sounds of the 70's Sunday show yesterday, Top of the world was played about 1 Hour 10 into the show. A short old interview with Richard was played before playing the track. Richard was telling the story as to why Carpenters released the song as a single.

3. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

WUCF TV is currently playing Carpenters Close To You combined with Christmas Memories....
    I tuned in rather late (it ends in 15 minutes) but the Christmas portion is AWESOME.....
    have not seen and heard this until today (that is, the Christmas Memories).
    My God, that lady is beautiful , and beautifully sounding !!

Next airing:
    December 6th, 8 pm....
    Can't wait !

Carpe diem likes this.
  4. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

Gary, I also came across this program on my local PBS station (KVIE) last night while channel surfing. I saw "Carpenters" referenced on the screen and came to a screeching halt. Though it is a pledge drive, it has some great snippets in it. Karen singing a full rendition of Christ Is Born and in her green Calling All Occupants...jumpsuit (OMG she IS beautiful!) for The Christmas Song. And they also included footage that I had never seen before, Petula Clark at the piano shortly after Karen had died singing a tribute to Karen. It was moving...I also noticed that the hosts of the pledge drive came back on the air teary-eyed from that segment. They apologized for being emotional! It is amazing the impact Karen Carpenter has on people even to this day.

goodjeans likes this.
  5. Wandering around in Walmart this morning, and heard Carpenters on their music system.

Christmas song? Nope. "Close To You."

goodjeans and A&M Retro like this.
  6. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Heard Carpenters Christmas on the radio, today....
    Saw Christmas Memories on PBS (WEDU) today....
    All in all, a very good day !

goodjeans and Chris Mills like this.