Herb Alpert Merchandise

They're showing "Going Places" and "What Now My Love" album covers as being available on tee shirts on albumcovertees.com. Just wondering if those are "official"...

The first clue is that those covers have the former logo on them. Secondly, I am awaiting word from Randy, which is expected to be, not legit. Stand by.

Thanks, Steve. I wondered about those new ones. I'm fortunate enough to have two of the legit shirts from last year. I thought that maybe that turned out to be more bother than they wanted to fool with. Then I saw these and thought something was fishy.

Randy says this is one of several sites that he has seen this week with unauthorized items.

I recall that when I saw Mr Alpert live several years ago in New York City at a theatre in the "Theatre District" - name escapes me but it was an unusual but modern place right off of Broadway and the 43 or 44 Street area - he mentioned that he was not enamored of the idea of selling merchandise at a performance, and I think he even included his recorded music in those comments. Probably doesn't need the income so why bother since I'll bet it becomes a logistical hassle.

Uh-oh. I never thought about them being unlicensed. The vendor called Beau Tee Shirts showed up on my Facebook feed and I ordered a "Lonely Bull" shirt. They've got lots of rock acts' graphics for sale. My mistake. Won't do it again. Promise.

Back
Top Bottom