1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

HERB ALPERT - MUSIC VOL. 1

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by Steve Sidoruk, May 4, 2017.

1. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member

Still the coolest guy in the room!

Ronnie Madrid and toeknee4bz like this.
  2. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator Thread Starter

3. Looks like the release date was pushed out two weeks. It once was announced for July 14th, now it's the 28th.

Ronnie Madrid and Bobberman like this.
  4. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator Thread Starter

Always July 28th, one graphic had wrong date.

5. In radio six international's SEQUENT SOUNDS tomorrow, you can catch two exclusive new tracks from the upcoming Herb Alpert disc "Music vol.1" due for release on July 28th. We're playing these only on radio six international on Thursday 8th June - the first at 0800 GMT (3am Eastern) at the very start of the show, and the second at 1855 GMT (1.55pm Eastern) at the very end of the sequence. Catch these exclusive previews ONLY on radio six international!!

6. David S

David S Active Member

Any idea when this record will be listed online for sale?

Bobberman likes this.
  7. For that matter, have we any information if it will even be in a physical format?

Bobberman likes this.
  8. I love the orchestrated intro that leads into the tremolo guitar! Terrific arrangement!

9. Ruud Stuurman

Ruud Stuurman New Member

As far as I understood Sugerfoot is a brand new tune written by Herb Alpert.

10. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

That's the exact news I've been waiting for as amazon is my only music buying source right now

Ronnie Madrid likes this.
  11. Me, too. Just submitted my pre-order. REALLY looking forward to receiving this cd!

Bobberman likes this.
  12. WOW! Almost sounds TJB-ish. Classic Herb style never goes out of style.

Bobberman likes this.
  13. Nathan Strum

Nathan Strum Member

I thought that cover was reminding me of something...

[​IMG]

:phones:

14. I recorded a radio interview with Herb last night for transmission when the album comes out (we also talk about "A Christmas Wish" and volumes 2 and 3 by the way) , and I have to confess I have heard the whole disc. I'm pretty sure that most of you here will absolutely love it!! It's certainly the happiest and most joyful album for a very long time.

Rudy, martin, Nathan Strum and 2 others like this.
  15. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member

Just pre-ordered the CD. :goodie: