1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

Herb Alpert - Songwriter

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by abstract_fan, Nov 26, 2016.

1. abstract_fan

abstract_fan Active Member Thread Starter

When you think about HA, how many great albums are under his own name, albums he was a guest on, produced etc., it is staggering how much time he has spent in a recording studio producing great music. But then I got to thinking, how many songs he wrote or co-wrote. NOT songs he wrote for albums under his own name (because we all know those). Maybe we could list songs he wrote or co-wrote for others like this enjoyable track:

Steven J. Gross likes this.
  2. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator

You can go to BMI and ASCAP and search by songwriter.

3. abstract_fan

Efficient Steve, but not as much fun as finding songs like:

4. abstract_fan

How about this one?

5. abstract_fan

But you're right Steve, only joking, the BMI site is very good.

6. abstract_fan

Here's the song Mr. A references in Captain Barcardi's post... Another New Herb Interview.

7. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    @abstract_fan, those are some quite obscure recordings there! :thumbsup: It makes me wonder how many of these are lurking around in the numerous used record stores in the 45 bins. I'll have to add a few to my list, just for kicks.