Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass tribute show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted a bunch of clips on YouTube from Tijuana Taxi Herb tribute show from 2 weeks ago here in Sydney. To hear and see this music played live was a brilliant and thrilling experience thanks to Tina Harris (bass) and her superb band of musicians. Here's the link:

phil lee »

I filmed 14 songs (of the 21 performed). These look and sound so great at home on HD and hi fi - not like what you see on YT.

Ah now my camera work excuses: I hardly used cam before so my zoom was unsmooth..., I had a stage cam (wasn't recording) directly behind me which fed to a large screen for audience viewing - I had to be mindful and not move around at all, otherwise all the audience would have seen was a very large version of the back of my head. Even though I am not balding it would not have been a thrilling sight. My eyesight is going a little so when I zoomed in Taste Of Honey I tried to capture the ace drumming of Glenn but he was obscured but I couldn't tell that on the cam viewer. And lastly its hard to stay completely still to this music!

Hi Phil i just watched two of your videos "Lollipops and Roses" and "Whipped cream" I LOVE THESE VIDEOS. This is a great tribute to Herb and the TJB. As a former trumpet player and Herb Alpert wannabe. I couldnt have done it better than these guys please send my complements to them if you would. And no worries about the video. I agree nobody can stay completely still to this wonderful music you did a very good job on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom