Herb Alpert & TJB "Collector's Edition" 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Lorelei, and thanks for your perspective.

Sometimes we longtime fans get a rather "too-focused" view on our favorite subjects, and we might forget about the casual fan who's just starting to discover or re-discover an artist.

As a longtime collector though, it was a must-buy for me - yet another in a long line of albums and CDs with "Whipped Cream" in the title!

Harry

Someone on another forum just pointed out that Amazon is now listing the Collector's tin as out-of-print. Someone in the marketplace has it listed for $195.00!

Harry

hi guys
That collectors set. with the picture from whipped cream was released aug. 19, 2008 and I bougut mine over at our local best buy here in Cleveland,ohio and they still have it for 20.00 Dollars, I thought there was a new tin box set that was going to be released.
bob

No, there is no new tin box set due here in the States. But, England will get ANYTHING GOES and DEFINITIVE HITS as a 2CD Box Set, due out on September 13th and titled, THE ESSENTIAL HERB ALPERT.

Someone on another forum just pointed out that Amazon is now listing the Collector's tin as out-of-print.
It's listed as "backordered" on our ordering site, but that's just a hop-skip-and-jump from being out of print. I've tried to order it several times and never have gotten it. I'm past caring at this point.

Steve do you know if the essential herb alpert will be availibe here in the states as well?
bob

No release here, but you should be able to order from Amazon U.K. or a similar site. We seem to be ahead here in the States, as Herb & Lani's new CD is due out this Fall.

Steve Sidoruk said:
No release here, but you should be able to order from Amazon U.K. or a similar site. We seem to be ahead here in the States, as Herb & Lani's new CD is due out this Fall.
....but won't be released in the UK until February 2011.

Harry said:
Someone on another forum just pointed out that Amazon is now listing the Collector's tin as out-of-print. Someone in the marketplace has it listed for $195.00!

Harry

Glad my eyes aren't deceiving me...I've seen copies of this set go for between 50 and 250 bucks. Astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom