Herb on Tonight Show Sept 12

I sure hope there's an interview segment, although I guess there's not much Herb would say that he hasn't already said!

The last time that I saw Herb & Lani on TV was back in 2011 on "The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson" performing a song from "I Feel You". Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I sure hope there's an interview segment, although I guess there's not much Herb would say that he hasn't already said!
I checked the program guide on my PVR, and it says that Patti Smith is the musical performer that night, and that "Herb Alpert sits in with The Roots". If past shows are anything to go by, after the monologue Herb will play part of a song, then Jimmy will exchange a few words with him, show the new album cover, and that's about it. Of course, Herb and The Roots will be entertaining the studio audience throughout the show - but during the commercial breaks! Still, it will be nice to see Herb on TV.

Herb: "I want music to elevate. I like that feeling."
Jimmy: said 'Route 101' is his favorite; said nobody can listen to it and stay in a bad mood.
Noticed Herb is wearing the orange suit he wears on the cover of 'MUSIC VOLUME ONE.' Played the Jason Mraz tune with the Roots earlier. Plans shows at the Carlisle through Saturday.

JB

Played "A Taste of Honey" through the first commercial break. Heard the beginning and end. Earlier an excerpt of "Route 101" by request from Jimmy Fallon.
During 2nd commercial break during Jennifer Lawrence interview the Roots & Herb played "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."
Herb played what sounded like a excerpt from 'Rise' as the show returned from the 3rd commercial break.

JB

(reporting live)

Last edited:
Enjoyed Herbs appearance on the Fallon show last night. He could have used a little more space on the stage; he seemed a little cramped with the huge keyboard to his back. Seemed like he was a Happy Guy and glad to be there-Positive vibes galore!

We're still without power in our little corner of central Florida due to Hurricane Irma. But our home-builder has offered us a bit of solace at a neighboring community that HAS power, so we're taking advantage of that offer and sitting in their clubhouse, soaking up some air-conditioning, charging our phones, and connecting to their WiFi with out laptops.

I just got to see the Herb Alpert Jimmy Fallon Youtube videos and as always, Herb is the classiest guy in the room!

Word is that our power will be restored by Sunday night at the latest. We're hoping for earlier, of course.

I have one word for you Harry, Generac! We have a 20 KW unit that carries the entire casa. :wink:

Those come in handy for hurricane-prone areas. :wink: I guess it depends if your homeowners association will allow one.

Back
Top Bottom