Herb on XM Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
XM radio has debuted a new channel called "Sunny" (#24) which advertises that it plays Herb Alpert. And true to word, they do play Herb....I've heard "What Now My Love," "Getting Sentimetal over You," "Spanish Flea," and a few other songs.

Trouble is, the channel is a 'beautiful music' channel, so most (really, ALL) of the other music thereon is of the ultra-easy-listening variety. We're talking Ray Coniff style, bland orchestrated type stuff. Elevator music. Not that there's anything wrong with that kind of music, but the TJB does NOT fit in with the format.

I was hoping it would be a little more pop-oriented, with stuff from Bacharach (originals and his own interpretations), Sandpipers, etc. I have heard a bit of Carpenters on there, but the channel is probably around 97% instrumental.

I wish there was a way to talk XM into offering an "A&M Corner" channel, programmed by all of us! But even then, there's such a wide variety of music, that it would still be difficult to find a niche to put Herb in. Sergio Mendes has the same problem...in a given record store, either might be in pop, Jazz, latin, easy listening...gotta search the whole store to find these guys!

Hello!
I think there's no niche to put Herb in.
Unfortunately, as I live in the Netherlands, I can't hear this channel "Sunny"!
Do you know an answer for my question in topic "www.tijuanabrass.nl"? Please let me know!
Thanks!

Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom