Herb singing in Spanish??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is This Guy's In Love With You in Spanish. He also recorded a version in Italian, which is very rare and difficult to find.

AM_825_ITALY.jpg

Yo Soy Ese Amor translates to I am that love. Years later in a Mexican Hits album, they included the English version, but it was titled the more literal translation, Este Chico Enamorado De Ti.

The Spanish version was apparently pressed in several Latin territories. The one in the auction is from Spain, but there are versions from the Mexican and South American markets as well. The one I have looks like a generic A&M single for the US Spanish population.

H_331_A_SPAIN.jpg

The backing track is the same one used for the familiar version, with Herb adding a new vocal track for each in Spanish and Italian. The Italian version is called "Un Ragazzo Che Ti Ama" and the one I've got has a yellow A&M label with red printing.

Harry

Herb also recorded quereme tal como soy-love me the way i am on one of his later albums -nice slow love song with trumpet crescendo-very nice-jc

Sde note:

I think I must be losing it. I do not remember posting that picture three posts above this one. I remember making the post, but not inserting that picture.

Harry

Ah-HA! The culprit always returns to the scene of the crime...

Well - at least I can stop worrying about my fading memory.

Now, what were we talking about?

Harry

Yo Soy Ese Amor appears in stereo on a UK A&M budget-priced sampler album (Can't remember the name right now) back in the early 70s.

TonyCurrie said:
Yo Soy Ese Amor appears in stereo on a UK A&M budget-priced sampler album (Can't remember the name right now) back in the early 70s.

Quite a while ago there was a member from Australia claiming that there was an LP compilation down there that had "Yo Soy Ese Amor" in stereo.

Harry

Stephen Vakil said:
I think I was claiming that the album was "Stereo 70", but I've never been to Australia!!

Stephen

No, it was another member who's not posted in years. I forget his name.

Harry

Stereo 70? That's an old tube amplifier made by Dynaco! :D

upload_2016-10-14_20-35-27.png

:love:

Last edited:
Just to put a final touch on this old thread, I've finally located that long-elusive stereo version of "Yo Soy Ese Amor". As Stephen mentioned eight years ago, it's on a British compilation whose full title is INTRODUCING STEREO 70. It's an A&M multi-artist compilation that was probably released around 1970 given the title.

IntroducingStereo70Front.jpg IntroducingStereo70Rear.jpg
The catalog number was AMLB 1002 and apparently it was later re-released with a different pink cover, probably because this one was so plug-ugly.

Anyway, "Yo Soy Ese Amor" is on it, in glorious stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom