1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

Herb's 2017 Christmas album

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by David S, Aug 11, 2017.

1. David S

David S Active Member Thread Starter

Herb Alpert - The Christmas Wish listed this evening on Amazon US.

2. abstract_fan

abstract_fan Member

Looking good Mr. A. You already recorded one the best Christmas albums ever. Looking forward to this new one.

3. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

Here is the track list for the new Christmas album: (Skip this post if you don't want to know!)

1. Joy To The World & Silver Bells - Medley
    2. Let It Snow & Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Medley
    3. Santa Baby
    4. Carol Of The Bells & We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Medley
    5. I'll Be Home For Christmas
    6. Silent Night
    7. Winter Wonderland
    8. Merry Christmas, Darling
    9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    10. The Christmas Wish
    11. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    12. The Christmas Song
    13. White Christmas
    14. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
    15. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring

I really like this! In what's become a new Alpert tradition, he's revisiting some tracks he cut with the TJB on the previous album, he's paying tribute to the Carpenters by including their most famous Christmas song, and to top it off, he's ending the record with the same song he ended the previous Christmas album with. And a cool cover photo to boot. I'm anxious to hear it.

4. Captaindave

Captaindave Active Member

Yes, the track list looks excellent - nice variety of tunes....looking forward to this album.

5. I love the nostalgic cover art and the nod to the 1968 Christmas Album. I wonder if Herb will do any Christmas concerts?

- greetings from the north -
    Martin

6. The song "The Christmas Wish" was put out on Spotify today. I guess it is an original, I have never heard it anyway. It sounds lovely. Great expectations for the album!

- greetings from the north -
    Martin

7. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

Tempting as it is, I've decided not to listen to any of the pre-release tracks on this one.

8. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

Same here I will wait until I get the CD and I look forward to having this 2nd Christmas album join my collection the selections look like a winner