Herb's "Human Nature" Track Listing and Sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

A press release came out about Herb's upcoming Human Nature album is out, and it sees it will be a dance-oriented effort. The title track is indeed the Michael Jackson tune, plus there are three Burt Bacharach tracks.

TRACKLIST:

1. Human Nature
2. Shake It
3. Alfie
4. Thalia
5. Look Up Again
6. Incognito
7. Don't Go Breaking My Heart
8. Mystery Man
9. Doodles

Herb Alpert Returns With Electronic And Dance-Infused ‘Human Nature’ September 30 »

The song "Doodles" is now on Soundcloud:
Doodles »

HumanNature_400_400_s_c1.jpg

My opiniin only, but oh, dear, is that an ugly, unappealing cover. Hate saying that bc I dont like to be critical here - I love the guy's music, obviously. Hope they have other options. ~David

Last edited:
I think the cover is cool myself. Herb did these little sculptures a few years back called The Musicians - it was three musicians similar to the cover photo who were in a circle playing horns, and I always thought that would be a neat cover.

I think "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is the Bacharach/David song NOT the Elton John/Kiki Dee 1976 song. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I think "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is the Bacharach/David song NOT the Elton John/Kiki Dee 1976 song. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Which is part of Herb's pattern of very-often redoing a song he's done in the past. Herb has said that melodies are what drives him, and he's always been consistent about continuing to like those melodies over the years. The list of songs that Herb has recorded more than once is quite long indeed.

Harry

Five posts - ooops, now it's six -- and we've thoroughly established the fact that "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" on the new HUMAN NATURE E.P. is the same Bacharach/David song first done by Herb on S.R.O.

dead-horse-fast2.gif

If i may change the pace and subject for a moment. The cover looks awesome it is a real work of art. And best of all its Herb's art. And i look forward to this new release as i do every new item.

The "Doodles" track is fun. If you haven't listened to it on that SoundCloud link, take some time and do so.

Five posts - ooops, now it's six -- and we've thoroughly established the fact that "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" on the new HUMAN NATURE E.P. is the same Bacharach/David song first done by Herb on S.R.O.

dead-horse-fast2.gif

With the Tijuana Brass.... :hide::rotf:

Love that emoticon by the way....:laugh:

Is "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" a new version of the Bacharach tune Herb did back on S.R.O.?

--Mr. Bill
just adding fuel to the fire!
dead-horse-fast2.gif

Ugh! That Miles recording was one of the more pathetic things Miles ever did. He had his nephew producing a couple of albums geared more towards pop material and it was a definite low point in his career. He did Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" as well. He did get some radio play from that stuff but it's not what Miles was all about.

Thank you Captain. I'm wondering how Herb will approach it. Harmon mute as some of his solo work? But Miles is using one. I am sure a different rhythm. Herb always comes up with a new take on a song. I am looking forward to this track most.

Ugh! That Miles recording was one of the more pathetic things Miles ever did. He had his nephew producing a couple of albums geared more towards pop material and it was a definite low point in his career. He did Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" as well. He did get some radio play from that stuff but it's not what Miles was all about.
That could be why I see multiple copies of this one in every used record store...and very few other Miles titles. :laugh:

I agree that "Doodles" is a fun track to listen to. Looking forward to more...

- greetings from the North -
Martin

I think the cover is cool myself. Herb did these little sculptures a few years back called The Musicians - it was three musicians similar to the cover photo who were in a circle playing horns, and I always thought that would be a neat cover.
I saw the grouping - trying to remember if it was a video or a photo. Thought they were very cool at the time. (Getting to where I can't remember squat. :D)

A press release came out about Herb's upcoming Human Nature album is out, and it sees it will be a dance-oriented effort. The title track is indeed the Michael Jackson tune, plus there are three Burt Bacharach tracks.

TRACKLIST:

1. Human Nature
2. Shake It
3. Alfie
4. Thalia
5. Look Up Again
6. Incognito
7. Don't Go Breaking My Heart
8. Mystery Man
9. Doodles

Herb Alpert Returns With Electronic And Dance-Infused ‘Human Nature’ September 30 »

The song "Doodles" is now on Soundcloud:
Doodles »

HumanNature_400_400_s_c1.jpg
Just sampled the "Doodles" track and was going nuts trying to think of another track of which it reminded me. See "Fun House" on My Abstract Heart. At least some of the riffs of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom