1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

How many Carpenters LPs / CDs do you have total?

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Wayne Crozier, Jul 30, 2017.

1. ThaFunkyFakeTation

ThaFunkyFakeTation Ah am so steel een luv weeth yoo

Well, I am well behind all of you.

Let's see:

I have all the studio albums (my website shows what I have LP-wise)

For CD's, I have "From the Top", "Essential Carpenters", the "Reader's Digest" set, the karaoke 2-disc thing, and the Japanese Box Set.

Ed

2. I am 16 (almost 17), have been collecting them since I was 14 (almost 15) so almost 3 years.

I have 43 Vinyls (counting each record in box sets and albums I have more than once)

88 CDs (counting each disc in a box set)

plus 30 singles (including 45's I have more than one copy of)

so in total I have 161 CDs, Vinyls and singles of the Carpenters. And can't wait to get more !!!

Nick, A&M Retro and Jeff like this.
  3. Wayne Crozier

Wayne Crozier Member Thread Starter

Not that it's a competition but it seems that Harry has far and away the largest collection and by quite a distance! Thus far until someone comes and proves me wrong!. but up to now it would seem that most people have massive quantities of Carpenters material. I also collect Sinatra and more than likely have over 300 vinyl LP records here at home but he is by far my biggest collection then the Carpenters second.

4. Great to know that you are very young like me and collectively insane hahahah with respect to all :)(One can feel young forever), we could talk ... I do not know if it happens to you that they always tell me, but that is not music of your time ... and I answer them I do not care the voice of Karen is timeless :phones:

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  5. I'm straying here but does anyone know why DA DOO RON RON was not included in this collection?

6. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

A travesty! I miss the whole medley.

7. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

This is why we have the Now & Then side 2.

theninjarabbit likes this.
  8. A&M Retro

A&M Retro Well-Known Member

You're catching up quick, Simon! Very impressive.

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  9. A&M Retro

A&M Retro Well-Known Member

I was only talking about LPs originally. I didn't count 45s, tapes, CDs and imported stuff from Japan, etc. I'm almost afraid to count it. Lol.

theninjarabbit and Jeff like this.
  10. I asked because I like the individual snippets without the dj and the crossfading. DA DOO RON RON is my favorite of the sequence.

11. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

If you have an 8 Track of N&T, DDRR runs into two different tracks, but the song is extended quite a bit.

12. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

29 vinyl - including Live at the Palladium, Singles 74-78, Offering, Yesterday Once More (84 tv and U.K.) and both Christmas.

40 singles- including Bless The Beasts from Japan with vibes in intro

31 cd. Several are multi disc sets, but only counted the set as one. Live in Japan, From the Top 12x12 box, Anthology, Collected, etc.

13. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

Lovelines on vinyl also....

14. sussex salvo

sussex salvo New Member

This thread caused me to do something that will exposed my defective completest gene. But I counted them this morning anyway. Over the years I have acquired all of the sets, compilations , and various offerings such as 8 Track, cassette, Reel to Reel, QRS Piano rolls, a complete set of unopened LP's. US, Japan, British, Malaysia, etc. So here are my totals.
    Carpenter 33's 73 Carpenter Music covered by others 33's 19
    Carpenter 45's 58
    Carpenter CD's 347 Carpenter Music Covered by Others CD 36
    Carpenter Cassette 41
    Carpenter 8 Track 12
    Carpenter R2R 9
    Carpenter DVD 30
    Carpenter VHS 9
    Carpenter Total (Records and CD's only) - 478

I am still looking for the early Yesterday Once More and the Early 22 Greatest Hits POCM1585
    I am hopelessly hooked on their music and style. It was their concert in 1974 or 1975 that hooked me.
    I suppose the best finds that I have come across was a Tan album from eBay that turned out to signed by Karen and Richard, and the 2015 Complete Singles Set in the dollar bin at a thrift shop.

I enjoy reading your posts and the quality of this site, especially the resource pages.

Happy Listening,

Chas

CraigGA and theninjarabbit like this.
  15. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

Welcome! Great collection. :)

16. CraigGA

CraigGA Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to hear more contributions from you.

17. Very Cool, I really can not imagine how big your collection is, Maybe your collection is the Biggest in the world? :goodie::bow::bow:...you could upload some photos of your collection and strange editions Regards:):)

18. natureaker

natureaker Active Member

Personally, my collection is very tiny. I have 2 CD's, The Singles 1969 - 1981 (which everywhere I go, seems to be the only Carpenters album ever around. Hell, there's usually like 4 copies of that one!) and Christmas Portrait.

Though I'm very pleased to have even 1 Carpenters CD, I'm hoping to expand my collection sometime soon :)