1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Is Richard Still doing autographs?

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by pogWo4life, Jul 15, 2017.

1. pogWo4life

pogWo4life Member Thread Starter

I found a copy of "Offering" for $6.00 a year ago and I want to send it for him to sign if possible.

Jeff likes this.
  2. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

If that record has all the original packaging and the vinyl is in good shape you got yourself a treasure my friend. But for $6??? If us Carpenter's fans get together for a 50 year celebration Richard could very well sign it, who knows...

Jeff likes this.
  3. K.C. Jr

K.C. Jr Well-Known Member

US
    I got a fairly good condition copy at a garage sale for $1....:faint:

Carpe diem and Jeff like this.
  4. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Mercy, my OFFERING cost a cool $200 to secure. Well worth this in my prized collection.

Carpe diem likes this.
  5. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

Mine cost about the same but it's in mint condition.

6. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I got mine for free. :D

It was a gift from a friend in the US. I think he paid $50 for it, as that's what was listed on the customs declaration.

7. Mine was free too. A gift from my sister at Christmas 1970. I think she paid the $4.98 list price...

Carpe diem, Jeff and Don Malcolm like this.
  8. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

I would love to come across one of these at a thrift store, garage sale, or estate sale of someone just trying to get rid of what they think is junk or clutter. Even in average (playable) condition...love the cover of this album so much more than "Ticket To Ride". I looked on the world's largest auction website today and it appears there is one copy for $120, appears pretty beat-up though...

9. Nick

Nick Member

I found my copy in a second hand vinyl store in South Africa. It cost me next to nothing. It is a little banged up but plays fine. I wish there was a decent, affordable copy out there for every fan who wants one.

Carpe diem likes this.
  10. pogWo4life

Can we still send it to Richard to sign it, I tried to e-mail someone at his website for confirmation but nobody responded.

11. pogWo4life

cover is a little bit faded, still intact, little writing, and the vinyl is in great condition.

I can post pics if you guys would like.

Jamesj75 likes this.
  12. BarryT60

BarryT60 Well-Known Member

Good question... I'd send a postcard with a stamped envelope to the Thousand Oaks Post office or to the Performing arts center, and see if you get an answer in return... Too risky to send the album out to the unknown abyss...

13. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

That's because nobody's been maintaining the website since 2008.

14. pogWo4life

Okay I am going to try an "experiment". I have the cd insert booklet to "singles 89-81" and I am going to try to send that first tomorrow. If it works i will then send "offering". If not, no loss.

15. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

16. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

GaryAlan, the address you've posted is the same address I sent to- it got returned (I kept the envelope). Thank you, though, for always seeking out Carpenters information and linking it back to the boards. :D