JAPANESE ALBUMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys

I`ve just brought a couple of Japanese carpenters albums and already own a few 7 inch vinyls.
I`m interested in if anyone knows why they appear to be more expensive than similar albums from elsewhere.
I am of course talking about albums sold on ebay u.k , so I`m not sure if the same applies elsewhere, such as the states.
are they more collectable or just plain more expensive, with no no specific reason?

thanks guys, mark.

CARPENTERS%20JAPAN_zps6twoqn66.jpg

I can provide a few reasons, in reply to your query regarding Japanese pressings.
(1) Many are limited run pressings.
(2) Many Japanese LP's come with lyric/photo booklets, or pinup posters.
(3) The Obi strips, which are roughly the equivalent of advertisements, were usually discarded,
thus, when coupled with its original obi-strip, some of the LP's are considered more collectible.
(4) Remember, in the 1970's, no internet, no ebay--thus, many of these Japanese pressings were
hard to procure for American consumers.
(5) Purportedly, due to the more limited pressings, many of theses LPs are hand-inspected/graded,
also the vinyl is (supposedly) of higher quality than other vinyl.

Hopefully, members more knowledgeable than I can contribute more authoritative--and, more accurate--information.

I can provide a few reasons, in reply to your query regarding Japanese pressings.
(1) Many are limited run pressings.
(2) Many Japanese LP's come with lyric/photo booklets, or pinup posters.
(3) The Obi strips, which are roughly the equivalent of advertisements, were usually discarded,
thus, when coupled with its original obi-strip, some of the LP's are considered more collectible.
(4) Remember, in the 1970's, no internet, no ebay--thus, many of these Japanese pressings were
hard to procure for American consumers.
(5) Purportedly, due to the more limited pressings, many of theses LPs are hand-inspected/graded,
also the vinyl is (supposedly) of higher quality than other vinyl.

Hopefully, members more knowledgeable than I can contribute more authoritative--and, more accurate--information.

thanks great, thank you very much indeed, it all helps!
I was just curious as to why there was such a price difference and whilst I had a few ideas, they were just guess`s and not based on anything.
interesting reading though and I`ve learned something, so thanks again.

had my two albums arrive this morning and wow, these are beautiful to look at. brand new and pristine, well put together! I did compare the vinyl with the normal copy I have and there is a difference, especially round the edge. the Japanese version is much `cleaner` and smoother.
both come with lyric sheets, photo sheet etc.
I`m just trying to picture them all sitting round a table drinking, chewing the fat, trying to figure out which photos to use and the best they could come up with, is this one .................. holly mother of god :crazy:

008_zpsildylgyo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom