Jim Brickman Produced "Yesterday Once More" Live Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. I wonder if it will tour nationwide and give some of us not in the Dallas area a chance to see it!

Yes, it's a tour. He is playing Vegas in March with this show. Here is the listing from the Suncoast hotel.

From Grammy nominated musician and producer Jim Brickman comes the most anticipated show of the 2012-13 season, Yesterday Once More. With breathtaking songs that began their life with Karen and Richard Carpenter, Yesterday Once More takes audiences back in time; recapturing the music an entire generation fell in love with, and fell in love to.

Yesterday Once More is enhanced with behind the scenes stories and anecdotes of the pop culture of the 70’s, along with the lush arrangements by Jim Brickman of songs like “We’ve Only Just Begun,” “Rainy Days and Mondays,” and ”Close To You!” Bringing the show to life is the talented cast featuring accomplished vocalists Joanna Jahn, John Trones, Jen Burleigh Bentz, from Broadway's Mamma Mia, and Musical Director David Lohman.

I attended this show in St Petersburg, FL on April 20th. The performers (2 female and one male vocalist) did a terrific job. They performed most of the hit singles, with a sprinkling of a few album cuts. Most were sung by all 3 performers, but there were some solos and duets as well. Interspersed were heartfelt anecdotes and trivia about the Carpenters.

When I initially bought the tickets, I assumed that Jim Brickman, producer, would be performing as well. Such was not the case, as I learned a few days earlier. I like Jim Brickman as well and have seen him in concert, too. For those wondering, the Mahaffey Theatre hold about 2000, and an usher told me the theatre was half full.

The show began with "Yesterday Once More," included a short intermission, and concluded with "Sing." I counted at least 23 songs in total. Others on stage included the musical director (also the keyboardist) and 3 other musicians. A highlight was when one of the female singers told a humorous, fictional story of a love affair gone sour, made up almost entirely of Carpenters' song titles ("Maybe it's you; maybe it's me...We go on hurting each other..."). All in all, it was a terrific show! The singers seemed genuinely reverent of Karen and Richard, as noted by their performances and in their banter. I highly recommend the show to any Carpenters fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom