Lani hall and Equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.

What now

equinox.jpg

Bonjour j'aime beaucoup la chanteuse Lani Hall et le label A&M mais je n'arrive pas à savoir qui chante sur les chansons d'Equinox.

Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen Lead vocal ?

CONSTANT RAIN: Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
CINNAMON AND CLOVE: Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
WATCH WHAT HAPPENS:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
FOR ME:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
BIM-BOM:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
NIGHT AND DAY:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
TRISTE:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
WAVE:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen
SO DANCO SAMBA:Lani Hall ou Janis Hansen

C'est trés important pour moi (is very important for me) Merci beaucoup

Welcome! But please note this is an English-speaking website so hopefully we can give you the information you want.

All lead vocals on that album are done by Lani Hall. Janis Hansen provides backing vocals only.

Mike Blakesley said:
Welcome! But please note this is an English-speaking website so hopefully we can give you the information you want.

OK !

Mike Blakesley said:
All lead vocals on that album are done by Lani Hall. Janis Hansen provides backing vocals only.

Thank you !, i am surprised because on this video Janis Hansen sings also in lead vocal with Lani... But ok is not a song of Equinox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fX0zx9dF6A&mode=related&search=

Right, that's "Mas Que Nada" from the first Brasil '66 album. But, only Lani Hall does the singing on the recording -- in the video, the girls are lip-syncing to a pre-recorded track.

Lani Hall sings all of the vocals on that first album -- Janis Hansen did not join the group until the EQUNOX album.

I could be wrong on this (help me out, Harry!), but I think that is actually Bebe Vogel pictured on the album cover next to Lani. Bebe was in the group briefly but was replaced by Janis very early in the band's career.

Janis Hansen is not on that first album vocally, I know that for sure. Lani Hall does all the lead vocals (multi-tracked) herself.

Mike, you're 100% correct in everything you've said.

HERB ALPERT PRESENTS (The "Mas Que Nada" album) is all Lani Hall, double-tracked where you hear multiple leads. Janis was not yet in the group, and Bibi Vogel was pictured but did not sing.

EQUINOX has Lani Hall on lead and Janis Hansen on backing vocals

LOOK AROUND saw Janis take the lead on "The Look Of Love".

Harry

What now said:
It is very interressant because in france and on this famous
site they write Janis Hansen, not Bebe Vogel :shrug:

http://www.bjbear71.com/Mendes/SM-LPA&M.html#Herb Alpert Presents

THANK YOU !!!

That site was created and maintained by an inactive member of the A&M Corner, B.J.Major. She likely created that page before we got the information about Lani, Bibi, and Janis regarding that first album. That bit of knowledge hasn't been public all that long.

Harry

Mike, you're 100% correct in everything you've said.

(sigh of relief) That's good, except I forgot how to spell "Bibi" and typo'd on "EQUINOX." You'd think it was Monday!

I wonder where B.J. is these days, anyway?

I've heard about Lani Hall doing all the vocals on the first Brasil '66 album, but I'm trying to find a citation. Does anyone know of an interview where she or Sergio state that? Or a book that discusses it? Thanks.

Ironic thing is, I now have a nice copy of "Equinox". I own an Australian pressing by way of Festival Records and it used USA metalwork from Monarch Records. It sounds lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom