Lani Hall - Es Facil Amar 12"

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Mr. Postman brought me another prize today - a 12" single of Lani Hall's "Es Facil Amar". This has three tracks:

Es Facil Amar (Special Remix - Short Version) 3:38
Es Facil Amar (Special Remix - Long Version) 4:45
Es Facil Amar (Instrumental Version) 4:45

This is another one that I'd never seen or heard before. It's catalog is AyM DISCOS SP-17383 and is a promotional copy not for sale.

Cool! Is there anything really different on it? Maybe some extra trumpet work or something?

I have the 12" single of Herb's "Noche De Amor" b/w "Suavamente". It has Edicion Limitada Para Coleccionistas on the cover. Red vinyl as well. Catalog # AMS-43,005.

I have the 12" single of Herb's "Noche De Amor" b/w "Suavamente". It has Edicion Limitada Para Coleccionistas on the cover. Red vinyl as well. Catalog # AMS-43,005.

I've just managed to locate one of these. (Does that make me a "Coleccionista"?)

Since "Suavemente" was a longer version, I figured I needed this. However the longer version is accomplished by repeating a section of the song an extra time, extending its length. Still, the red vinyl is fun, and I'm glad I found it.

Harry
...Coleccionista, online...

A little bit of an update to this three year old thread. When I first got this 12", I was excited for the instrumental track which I immediately posted on YouTube above, and then promptly filed the record away. What I never bothered with was the two tracks on the first side of the 12", which was the song "Es Facil Amar" (Remixed Special Version) (Short), and a (Remixed Special Version) (Long). The short version times at 3:38 and seems to be an early fade. The long comes in at 4:45, and the instrumental is based on that length also at 4:45.

What hadn't occurred to me was the word "remixed". So today I began an expedition into discovering just what was remixed.

The long versions: It appears to me that these versions sync up with the standard album version for a good part of the song, up to about 2:28, then they go into a stripped down section of the record's main groove on guitars, bass, and drums for about 45 seconds and returns to the main record. As for the idea of remixing, I notice a slight difference in the presence of Herb's trumpet. It's a bit more in the fabric of the record on the album and just a bit more up-front in this remix, and balanced ever-so-slightly to the right channel.

Back
Top Bottom