Lani Hall HD Downloads Available

Captain Bacardi

Be sure to check out the longer fade on "Love Song". It goes on for about 10-seconds longer than the LP or the Japanese CD.

I saw these on amazon last night too so hopefully CD versions will eventually come later ( all my Lani albums are vinyl needledrops at this time unfortunately i only have a couple of her latin songs couldn't find those latin lps back in the day) but even if they don't show up on cd im glad i at least i will be able to complete my collection via downloads ( as has been the case for many of my old favorites so far.) especially the missing latin albums.

HDTracks.com has a 15% sale this week on Lani's downloads when you use the code HDMARCH11 on your order. Her albums are going for $15.98 right now so you can save a little money with the discount.

You realize you're being an enabler. :D

I have more Herbie albums to get, but they will have to wait until next month. I figure between the constant discounts from either Acoustic Sounds or HDTracks, there is no need to pay full price.

What I find odd (for now) is that the only store offering downloads at CD resolution (44.1kHz/16-bit) is at Tidal. (You do not have to be a Tidal streaming member to purchase anything there.) Anything else is lossy (MP3, M4a, etc.).

I should correct the above: in some countries in Europe, CD-resolution and high-res downloads can also be downloaded from Qobuz.

I have had a chance to listen to some of these tracks in their high-res versions, and I have to say that of the tracks I've heard (a few from each album, plus nearly the entire Sun Down Lady), they all have a nice, warm, cozy sound to them. Perfect late-night listening. I don't have the cleanest LP copies of these records yet, so I am hearing details I hadn't heard on the vinyl, yet detail does not equal harshness or brightness (as many "remasters" tend to utilize to make them sound "better"). Very nice job, same as with the TJB remasters. Definitely keepers.

I recently purchased Sundown Lady. Hello it's me and Sweet Bird for my tablet's music player and I was quite impressed with the overall sound quality I concur with Rudy that these are very nicely done same with the TJB remasters. I still have my vinyl to cd needledrop versions and they also hold their own as well. They really are Keepers indeed I may get the Spanish one on my next go round.as my finances are limited. It's nice to hear Lani finally in Clean digital sound. Well worth the wait.

One thing I noticed with the download of SUN DOWN LADY was that "Love Song", the first track, was extended about 12 or 13 seconds than the version on vinyl or the Japanese CD.

Back
Top Bottom