Long time Carpenters Fan... New to this Forum...

KNP1701C!

Hi,
My name is Kyle Prince,

I have been a fan of the Carpenters for many years.. I was first introduced to their music when I was 15 years old during a health class unit dealing with anorexia and bulimia. The class watched the Karen Carpenter Story as part of the unit. (I had actually started my own battle with anorexia at the age of 12...) I had no idea that had something wrong with me. Suddenly, the affliction I had had a name and there was someone else in the world that had had it too. Of course, I was dismayed to find out that Karen had lost her battle with her eating disorder. Still... three years later when I suffered a mild cardiac arrest at the age of 18. Knowing about Karen's own demise and that she had died of a heart attack, made me realize that my body was screaming to my mind that I needed to get help. Two and a half years of out patient therapy and a lot of emotional support from my friends and family I considered to be recovered. I still have some food related phobias but they are manageable and I have maintained a healthy weight.

On to the Carpenters music... I love just about every song they recorded save for a few that I consider duds. "Beachwood 4-5789" and "Goofus" are two that I usually hit the "next track button when they start to play. If I had to choose a favorite LP... I would have to say its a toss up between "A Song For You" and "Horizon"..
I also love Karen's solo album. She had great taste in music and recorded one hell of an album. It should have been released in 1981 as planned. It could've brought a whole new generation of fans into the Carpenters fold...

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope to be an active part of the group as time goes on!

Take Care and stay healthy!

Welcome Kyle - nice hearing about your background, your struggles and your love for Carpenter's music!

Welcome kyle,i know a lot of former sufferers of eds have found great support from karen.if you ever need any support just ask ok.

Back
Top Bottom