1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

LOOK AROUND (mono)

Discussion in 'Look Around: Sergio Mendes/Brazilian Music Forum' started by Harry, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Harry

Harry Charter Member Moderator Thread Starter

Does LOOK AROUND exist as a US mono (LP 137)? Ever since I've found magic in the mono grooves of other A&M albums and singles, I've been searching on and off for this elusive title if it exists.

I've seen one sell on eBay from a South American country - might have been Venezuela - and I see one listed on Discogs from Quality Records in Canada, but have not found any reference to a US version.

Anyone seen one? Anyone own one? Are there any dedicated mono mixes?

2. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I have seen A&M innersleeves show the mono cover of Look Around LP 137 I saw one in a collector's shop in the early 90s but I didn't have enough money to buy it and I regretted it ever since you might be able to find one on discogs but I know There Was Dedicated Mono Version of Look Around.i Hope you find yourself a copy and Happy Hunting in Advance Harry. I know How Extremely Rare They Are I do see one online in a stereo cover with a mono sticker on the cover and it's a white label promo.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  3. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66* - Look Around

Deadwax apparently shows LP-173 and LP-174. Like Bob says it is a promo release. Seeing that the sleeve was stickered with "Monaural," I get the feeling it may not have been a commercial mono release in the US.

Bobberman likes this.
  4. rockdoctor

rockdoctor New Member

Harry,
    Years ago, there was a company in California called "Discontinued Records." I had purchased a couple of items from them and then used record stores started showing up in my area. If they are still in existence, you might try them.