Mancini: "Moment To Moment" (1966)

I have just the song by Mr Mancini thanks to compilations but I was never aware of a movie soundtrack thanks for the heads up

You're welcome.

I surmise it was passed over as a viable s/t release back in '66 given Hank was on fire with The Pink Panther, Dear Heart, and A Shot in the Dark while The Great Race, Arabesque, and What Did You Do in the War, Daddy? were already on the docket -- and RCA didn't want to further saturate the market.

The track list looks like a continuation of what Entrada was doing--taking the musical cues from the film score. Mancini always recorded a separate version of a soundtrack for selling records, which is why some of those snippets are fleshed out into full songs on those records.

I have to say that having listened to many of those soundtracks my entire life, the Entrada releases (and this new one, I'm thinking) were a rare treat. Some of the cues from the film actually groove a lot better, like a couple of the tracks from Charade. The music is not as polished, and the instrumentation is simpler, which is why they often work nicely from the film score.

I'll add this one to my want list. 😁 Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom