Mariah Carey Signs With Univer$al

What Do You Think Of Mariah Signing With Universal?

• A good move for Uni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bad move for Uni

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Man, I Don't Care!

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I just read an item about Mariah "Aren't I The Greatest?" Carey signed with Viviendi Universal. Maybe Uni hopes that she'll sell enough albums so that they can pay Herb his $250 million with no problems.

Capt. Bacardi

Mariah signed for $20 million for three albums and an option on a fourth,should she climb back. Since she got $30 million to not deliver albums to Virgin,this is quite a drop in earnings-she was worth more not to record! Negatives why this will probably be a "who cares"-it's her label(a partnership with Island/Def Jam) so she has to foot the bill up front and,since the industry is virtually out of the business of manufacturing retail singles,she cannot count on lowball(99 cent)singles at the checkout to boost a song up the chart. Other negatives-her fan base is beyond core music buying years,she has become a joke and evidently most of her 90s hits lead to dial twirling on the radio. Current radio is so tight and youth oriented that airplay for new material is going to be near impossible. Strange,because it was Mariah that was trying to fuse R&B and Rap in recent years and may well have been ahead of the curve. Whodathunkit?-Mac

Some of these record industry "brains" just amaze me. Can't they read the charts? Can't they look at recent history? Mariah Carey is OVER. She must have given them all sexual favors in order to sign for 20 million bucks.

Oh she could make a comeback...look at Kylie Minogue, for example. Her best shot is probably doing a big ballad at the end of some blockbuster movie (but not starring in it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom