Merle Haggard - R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the "Outlaws" of country music. He will be missed. My favorites by him are "Mama tried"."Okee from muskogee.""I wish a buck was still silver" and "If You want to be my Woman".just to name a few. R.I.P Mr,Haggard.

The late Dean Martin does Merle's "I Take A Lot Of Pride In What I Am" (from 1969): Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I thought he was in his 80s for some reason.

I'm not in any way a country fan, and especially not that "old school" country -- for casual listening. But, I do enjoy country music when I see it being performed -- and not the 70s-rocker wannabes that pass for country music today, but real country music, which is the genre Haggard occupied -- so I probably would have enjoyed seeing him in concert, if I'd ever had the opportunity. We considered booking him for our fair a couple of times, but he was too expensive for our budget. RIP, Merle.

I, too, was never a big Country Music fan, though given how many of that genres' artists have been lost over the years, I surely would have done right seeing them when I could...

May Merle rest in peace; dying on your birthday can be real profound... And I never did find out if he still has this car, or not:

Merle Haggard And The Strangers - The Roots Of My Raising »

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom