Mexican Corn (mono single mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
For anyone who has never heard it, here's the mono single mix of Herb Alpert's "Mexican Corn". Though the song was featured on VOLUME 2 in both the mono and stereo versions, the single, AM 711, backed with "Let It Be Me", had its own dedicated mix. You'll hear a prominent piano pounding out some low notes in the fills that are normally bass-only on the album version.

"Mexican Corn" was not a hit record for Herb and the Brass, but it was an early single. So unless you've got one of the few copies that were sold, you've probably never heard this one.

Harry

harry if you read some of my previous posts about this single it was only on the 45 single release I first hear this in a resturant back in the 60's that had it on their jukebox. so I found that single in a five and dime store when they had those singles

in a bin they were like 3 for a dollar. so I bought it along with some money that my grand mother would give me. this is a rare single and as you know there are a few more with different mixes. like spanish flea the send verse you hear more of the

maracs. and on the album of going places both mono and stereo you don't. as I always said, if thses old masters did survive maybe they can release them.

take care
bob

And here is another single mix 45 of the great manolete the flip side of the single release is the

mexican drummer man, if you will notice you will hear the floor drum a lot louder that the

album mix. and you will hear the mandolm where as the album and cd versions you do not

hear that.

bob

Last edited:
I just listened to these two they sound great and these are truly unique versions indeed it appears more effort was made for the single releases. But yet both single and album versions should be enjoyed equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom