Missing tracks from Whipped Cream CD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
It seems that the reissue will not have the 2 bonus tracks "Rosemary" & "Blueberry Park" on the Herb Alpert Presents label. Can anyone explain this?? Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Well they're not really 'missing' because the original release didn't have them. My understanding is that besides getting Herb's titles available to new generations and music markets around the world again, that they were to remain true to the original releases. This means artwork and content. As I have previously noted, former logos and catalog numbers would be removed from the art. And finally, from what I've seen for CHRISTMAS ALBUM and WHIPPED CREAM, they are priced more modestly than those from the Signature Series.

Neither of those two tracks were vital and they always felt "tacked on". They'd be better placed on a future version of LOST TREASURES.

If you miss "the missing tracks", then why not just put your old Shout! Factory copy in the new Herb Alpert Presents edition cover...

-- Dave

The "list price" for Come Fly With Me is $13.98. Christmas Album and Whipped Cream are both list-priced at $11.98.

I believe the Shout!Factory versions were $13.98 (Christmas Album) and $15.98 (Whipped Cream).

Neither of those two tracks were vital and they always felt "tacked on". They'd be better placed on a future version of LOST TREASURES.
I agree, neither one has even remotely made it to my TJB favorites list.

They'd fit nicely onto a two-LP reissue of Lost Treasures...not sure if they'll fit time-wise onto a single CD with the other LT tracks.

They're not bad songs, really, but I'd prefer they be redirected to a future "rarities" set. In fact, I did just that on my music server--I booted both from the end of WC to the end of LC.

if you remember on the topic of the christmas album cover tread, I posted it and mentioned that those two tracks are not included on the new release as I said best buy has it for pre order for $9.99 just go to best buy web site seach and type in Herb Alpert Whipped Cream and it is the first one with the release date of 11-20-2015 and the vinyl version is $22.99

bob

Well, strike while the iron's hot! Means that Alpert & TjB need to go on the radio again!

-- Dave
As a radio Dj I can assure you all Herb and the TJB have forever been played in regular rotation from day one when i started and at least on my shows they never left the radio. And as long as i remain on the air "They aren't Leaving my airwaves Period!""

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom