Moringa Hi-Crown Chocolate Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

You guys may already know this, but I discovered the other day that Richard actually composed this sweet little song. I always thought it was handed to him, ala Suntory Pop, but no, he actually wrote it. . . .and maybe the lyrics too.

Cool, huh?

Neil

That is cool, Neil! I always thought it was a lovely tune. I wish they had recorded a full length version...could've been a little bonus on the Singles album. It sounds as though it could be Carpenter/Bettis.

I just watched the commercial on Youtube and having never seen it I'm just struck by the contrast after also watching the video for 'Beechwood' earlier today. The commercial was short, simple and arty - just goes to show how when the C's were at their peak, they could practically do no wrong!

I had no idea there was an alternate version of the TV commercial:

Nice find, Eyewire. Also nice to see it's chocolate they're advertising and not cigarettes. It's funny, cos Suntory primarily manufacture whisky. For a while there I thought the all-american duo were pushing smokes and booze.

Nice find, Eyewire. Also nice to see it's chocolate they're advertising and not cigarettes. It's funny, cos Suntory primarily manufacture whisky. For a while there I thought the all-american duo were pushing smokes and booze.
Gasp!! Not with the publicity machine they had.

This is a great song/jingle and both Karen and Richard look and sound their best - the Horizon year!?

They toured Japan between May 27th and June 12th 1974, so it must've been recorded and filmed in this 2 week period. Another clue as to how they would've sounded on that never made '74 album we spoke of a few weeks ago.

Agreed, I think Karen and Richard were at their absolute peak during this time period. They both look and sound fantastic.

By the way, has anyone ever tried Morinaga Hi-Crown Chocolate? Must be really good since it comes in such special packaging!

I looked for both Hi-Crown Chocolate and Suntory Pop when I was in Japan and found neither. I speculated that they were no longer produced (but I could be wrong).

I do see some on Amazon.com but they don't ship up here where I live. Maybe next time if I want to buy something else from Amazon.com that doesn't ship here, I will add a package of Morinaga Hi-Crown Chocolate to my cart and use my usual mailing redirect company to ship it to me. I'm a bit of a chocoholic so I'm just curious to see how good these are. But if I never get a chance to try them that's okay, because there's plenty of good chocolate choices up here already, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom