Mystery Mendes-Lobo track

Michael Hagerty

Contributor
Was listening to an aircheck of Dean Weber on KSFO in San Francisco from April 10, 1971. On it he plays a song by Edu Lobo and Sergio Mendes called "Ordinary Day". I have never heard it, it's not on SERGIO MENDES PRESENTS EDU LOBO, and I can't find a trace of it online.

Anyone know anything about this?

Could it be the song "Even Now" which starts with "Seems like an ordinary day..."?

Could it be the song "Even Now" which starts with "Seems like an ordinary day..."?

Yep. That's it. I obviously am way overdue to listen to LOBO again. Been about 10 years. DJ just gave the wrong title.

In the words of Emily Litella:

Never Mind.

And thanks!

Well, I'll admit that it didn't come off the top of my head. I had to listen to the tracks on SERGIO MENDES PRESENTS EDU LOBO since I remembered those words "Ordinary Day". Luckily, it was track #2!

Actually, track #3. :D

I'm pretty sure this is an "Americanized" version of one of Lobo's tunes--I swear I've heard it on one of his own albums.

Great song and a Great Album too. Ive had my cd version of this since 2006 and i still have it it is still a masterpiece.

Lyric by Paula Stone and Lani, according to the credits, though the copyright just lists Paula.

Track 6, I believe!
Yep, last track on side 1, or #6 on CD. :thumbsup: "Zanzibar" is also on that album. Two other familiar tracks are "Casa Forte" which leads off the album, and "Marta e Romao" which is covered on Paul Desmond's Brazilian-themed album From The Hot Afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom