New album: "Classic Carpenters" by Dami Im

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapdancer

In news just announced, singer Dami Im - X-Factor winner and Australia's representative in the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest - will release, in April, an entire album of Carpenters songs.

Anyone who has followed her story will know that Carpenters is in her blood. So I'm not surprised, with a performance like this...

...that her label should choose to go the whole hog and release eleven Carpenters favourites.

Her confidence at the moment is sky high, she's clearly the #1 rising star in Australia (judging by viewers' votes), so fingers crossed that she can produce a gem or two and do justice to the term "Classic" and to the name "Carpenters".
Dami Im to release Classic Carpenters album »

I enjoyed this very much. She has an incredible voice, and as Craig said she was not a 'sound alike'; she made the song her own, and I look forward to hearing the entire album.

This is a live performance by Dami Im singing "Rainy Days and Mondays" at the 'Out From Under' charity event in Melbourne, October 2015 -

I am really looking forward to her album release in April to hear what she has done with these beautiful songs!

And:
"Following on from the announcement that she will represent Australia in Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016,
the sublime Dami Im has confirmed her first national tour, ‘Yesterday Once More: Classic Carpenters’.
The singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist along with her band will hit the road as of July 1st on a 35-date national tour,
performing songs from the brand new album CLASSIC CARPENTERS, out on April 22.
The album is a breath-taking homage and re-invention to one of Dami’s idols, Karen Carpenter."

Source:
No Cookies | Perth Now »

There are new music videos of some of the songs from the new album are on her DamiimVEVO channel on YouTube:

Close To You

There's A Kind Of Hush

Yesterday Once More

I don't know if these videos are accessible yet in the USA as Sony Music and VEVO seem to delay the availability of her music there from reports.

Beautiful versions!
I am really looking forward to hearing the album tracks on CD

There are new music videos of some of the songs from the new album are on her DamiimVEVO channel on YouTube:

Close To You

There's A Kind Of Hush

Yesterday Once More

I don't know if these videos are accessible yet in the USA as Sony Music and VEVO seem to delay the availability of her music there from reports.

Beautiful versions!
I am really looking forward to hearing the album tracks on CD

The uploader has not made these videos available in my country, unfortunately.

The uploader has not made these videos available in my country, unfortunately.

Yes, this is thanks to Sony Music!

You could try the VEVO web site for these from their Dami Im page at:

Gladiator - Dami Im »

Please respond me if these work for you as many people in some countries, like the US and Germany, have reported having this problem through the VEVO channel on YouTube.

Two things: 1) This again proves the strength of the material; and, 2) It makes me wonder what Richard thinks of these performances.

Yes I would be interested to know as well. Dami would have needed his clearance to record all these songs for this tribute album, so I assume that he would have now listened to them.

Dami Im sings from her heart and touches yours. Here is a quote from Dami:
“I really liked the feeling of innocence and magic these songs had. I loved the tone of Karen’s voice which is so pure and clear yet somehow fragile and mournful. (Her voice) was just like her life that seemed perfect on the outside but lonely and lost on the inside. Her music sings of optimism but a deeper emotion carries through … the more I performed their songs, I could relate more and more with Karen.”

Chris, I agree. The version of I Need To Be In Love is incredible. I'm probably in the minority regarding the Carpenters version, it is probably one of my least listened to tracks. I love it, but not the choir.

Classic Carpenters is again this week the #1 Australian-produced album!

Dami Im is now the 3rd placed favourite among the bookmakers for this weekend's Eurovision contest. If she manages to do as well as expected, I think people around the world will discover her Carpenters material - perhaps with some of the younger ones appreciating Carpenters for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom