New album THE LAUGHING APPLE by Cat Stevens (Yusuf)

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
For any Cat Stevens fans out there...this could be a fairly big deal. This new album has production by Paul Samwell-Smith (producer of the heyday-years Cat Stevens albums) and also Alun Davies on guitar (who was also on the early albums) and is a sequel of sorts to the best-ever Cat Stevens album, Teaser and the Firecat. It even has original artwork like all his early albums did.

It seems like he is slowly but surely re-embracing his "Cat Stevens" persona....the songwriting credits are all "Yusuf/Cat Stevens." With his recent projects, you would never see the Cat Stevens name anywhere on the album package, except maybe on a sticker so people would know who the artist was. As a bit of icing on the cake, this album is on the "Cat-a-Log Records" label.

I'm looking forward to giving it a listen.

I remember his Another cup cd from a decade ago it sounded as if Cat Stevens never went away I was glad to hear him again after so many years and he still sounds good albeit a bit older.

The album after that one, Roadsinger, was even better -- if you liked An Other Cup you would love Roadsinger.

Some tracks from the new album showed up on You Tube a couple of months ago. It certainly sounds like vintage Cat. This will be the fourth album since launching his comeback. 'TELL 'EM I'M GONE' came out in late 2014. He made a few TV appearances and last year had a limited U.S. tour. Last September I went to Nashville for his show at the Ryman Auditorium. Security was quite heavy, as you'd expect. I was among a few who managed to hand an album cover via his body guard for autographing, however.

JB

Attachments

• DSC01598.JPG
    DSC01598.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 5
https://www.amazon.com/Laughing-Apple-Yusuf-Cat-Stevens/dp/B073XD9P1M

51JchbQzc6L._SS500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom