New Richard Carpenter album?

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
This image appeared on a Facebook account overnight belonging to someone called Onya Osborn, with the caption:

"Joe Osborn playing on a Richard Carpenter album at Sandbox Recording Studio, Shreveport, LA - 11/24/16 ...something to be thankful for!"

15230590_10210920999361791_24241939730188121_n.jpg

It looks like a credible Facebook account as there are a number of familiar names who are friends with the poster, including Randy Schmidt.

Shreveport, LA is 1,624 miles from Los Angeles so I wonder what the story is there...

In the recent uk CD notes for "The Nations Favourite Carpenters Songs" Richard said he was working on some new arrangements and that he will be recording them soon. So that would fit in with that picture... We need to collect more evidence! :laugh:

I remember Richard promoting PACC back in '97, saying he couldn't believe it'd been 10 years since TIME and it most definitely would not be another 10 years until the next album.

Well, he was absolutely right. . . .it's been 19 years and counting.

Of course it would be funny if it was released in 2017: 1987 "Time; 1997 "Pianist-Arranger-Composer-Conductor"; Richard seems to like years ending in 7 for his solo albums.

But it's to bad that Richard hadn't released the odd new solo track on the different compilations.

Of course it would be funny if it was released in 2017: 1987 "Time; 1997 "Pianist-Arranger-Composer-Conductor"; Richard seems to like years ending in 7 for his solo albums.

But it's to bad that Richard hadn't released the odd new solo track on the different compilations.
Richard did say that he loves "Major 7's". It will be great to hear new music from him.

Joe Osborn mentioned (in "The Download" interview) that he had been working on Richard's oft-discussed, unreleased Christmas album - so the photo could be from those sessions.

Joe Osborn mentioned (in "The Download" interview) that he had been working on Richard's oft-discussed, unreleased Christmas album - so the photo could be from those sessions.

It was dated 24th November 2016, so it looks as though sessions are still ongoing...

It was dated 24th November 2016, so it looks as though sessions are still ongoing...

That's correct, as Joe was flying out here to Los Angeles back in '13 when Richard was working on the Christmas stuff. This picture is recent...

Back
Top Bottom