New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, I'm new and wonder if someone could give me a link to an accurate list of Mr. Alpert's albumns? Am also wondering how to distinguish bootleg albumns from real. do my shopping on Amazon. Thanks :wiggle:

Hi Bonnie, welcome to the Forum.

Currently on our TijuanaBrass.com site is a listing on the left-hand side that lists all of Herb's studio albums:

• The Lonely Bull
  • Volume 2
  • South of the Border
  • Whipped Cream & Other Delights
  • Going Places
  • What Now My Love
  • S.R.O.
  • Sounds Like
  • Herb Alpert's Ninth
  • The Beat of the Brass
  • The Christmas Album
  • Warm
  • The Brass are Comin'
  • Summertime
  • You Smile -- The Song Begins
  • Coney Island
  • Just You and Me
  • Herb Alpert/Hugh Masekela
  • Main Event Live (w/ Masekela)
  • Rise
  • Beyond
  • Magic Man
  • Fandango
  • Blow Your Own Horn
  • Bullish
  • Wild Romance
  • Keep Your Eye On Me
  • Under a Spanish Moon
  • My Abstract Heart
  • North on South St.
  • Midnight Sun
  • Second Wind
  • Passion Dance
  • Colors
  • Whipped Cream & Other Delights Rewhipped
  • Anything Goes
  • I Feel You
  • Steppin' Out
  • In The Mood
  • Come Fly with Me
In addition, there are the official compilations released over the years. The main ones were:

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits Volume 2
Solid Brass
Foursider
Classics Volume 1
Classics Volume 20

Overseas there were:

A&M Gold Series 1
A&M Gold Series 2 (also released as just A&M Gold Series)
A&M New Gold Series 1
A&M New Gold Series 2
Startrax
The Very Best of Herb Alpert
The Very Best of Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

And of course there were others released in the vinyl days all over the world.

There are certain things that can tip you off to a bootleg. Many seem to have spelling errors. Most won't have an official record company logo like A&M or Herb Alpert Presents or ALMO Sounds. Certain copyright laws in other countries have allowed anyone to release some of Herb's early recordings as they've fallen into that country's public domain. You'll see a lot of odd looking LONELY BULL albums out there. A number of them claim mono and stereo, but to our knowledge, the mono tracks have never been officially released on CD.

I hope that gives you at least a staring point.

Harry

Hi Bonnie, welcome to the Forum.

Currently on our TijuanaBrass.com site is a listing on the left-hand side that lists all of Herb's studio albums:

• The Lonely Bull
  • Volume 2
  • South of the Border
  • Whipped Cream & Other Delights
  • Going Places
  • What Now My Love
  • S.R.O.
  • Sounds Like
  • Herb Alpert's Ninth
  • The Beat of the Brass
  • The Christmas Album
  • Warm
  • The Brass are Comin'
  • Summertime
  • You Smile -- The Song Begins
  • Coney Island
  • Just You and Me
  • Herb Alpert/Hugh Masekela
  • Main Event Live (w/ Masekela)
  • Rise
  • Beyond
  • Magic Man
  • Fandango
  • Blow Your Own Horn
  • Bullish
  • Wild Romance
  • Keep Your Eye On Me
  • Under a Spanish Moon
  • My Abstract Heart
  • North on South St.
  • Midnight Sun
  • Second Wind
  • Passion Dance
  • Colors
  • Whipped Cream & Other Delights Rewhipped
  • Anything Goes
  • I Feel You
  • Steppin' Out
  • In The Mood
  • Come Fly with Me
In addition, there are the official compilations released over the years. The main ones were:

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits Volume 2
Solid Brass
Foursider
Classics Volume 1
Classics Volume 20

Overseas there were:

A&M Gold Series 1
A&M Gold Series 2 (also released as just A&M Gold Series)
A&M New Gold Series 1
A&M New Gold Series 2
Startrax
The Very Best of Herb Alpert
The Very Best of Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

And of course there were others released in the vinyl days all over the world.

There are certain things that can tip you off to a bootleg. Many seem to have spelling errors. Most won't have an official record company logo like A&M or Herb Alpert Presents or ALMO Sounds. Certain copyright laws in other countries have allowed anyone to release some of Herb's early recordings as they've fallen into that country's public domain. You'll see a lot of odd looking LONELY BULL albums out there. A number of them claim mono and stereo, but to our knowledge, the mono tracks have never been officially released on CD.

I hope that gives you at least a staring point.

Harry

Thanks Harry, I'm impressed with the speed in which you answered me, most forums you have to wait forever for someone to help you! Oh oh, you've got me squirming now since I just purchased a Lonely Bull. I did notice that there are a lot of variations with the albumn covers of LB on Amazon. Is there any place to see albumn covers?

Many covers (but not quite all) are on display at Herb's official website: Herb Alpert »

There are several "pages" worth.

If you're concerned about an amazon purchase, here are a few tips:

- post the link or album cover that you purchased. Someone here will let you know if it's genuine.
- if it's still in the ordering stage - not shipped or "ready to ship" - you can still cancel.
- if you receive it and it's been determined that it's not quite right, amazon will accept returns unopened.

One more thing: I listed a few "genuine" labels and neglected a bunch more that I know of. There's of course Shout! Factory who did the 2006 set of remasters on CD. Those were released on High Coin in the Europe and the UK, and I'm forgetting who did the Japanese versions. Older UK labels for LP albums included Stateside, Pye, and MFP. Australian labels in the LP days included Festival. King Records and Pony Canyon were licensees in Japan.

Oh, and one more note. Don't go crazy trying to find too many of these right now. The great bulk of them are being reissued this fall from Herb Alpert Presents, all digitally remastered. Some will be on CD for the first time, and there are even some vinyl issues coming.

Harry

Many covers (but not quite all) are on display at Herb's official website: Herb Alpert »

There are several "pages" worth.

If you're concerned about an amazon purchase, here are a few tips:

- post the link or album cover that you purchased. Someone here will let you know if it's genuine.
- if it's still in the ordering stage - not shipped or "ready to ship" - you can still cancel.
- if you receive it and it's been determined that it's not quite right, amazon will accept returns unopened.

One more thing: I listed a few "genuine" labels and neglected a bunch more that I know of. There's of course Shout! Factory who did the 2006 set of remasters on CD. Those were released on High Coin in the Europe and the UK, and I'm forgetting who did the Japanese versions. Older UK labels for LP albums included Stateside, Pye, and MFP. Australian labels in the LP days included Festival. King Records and Pony Canyon were licensees in Japan.

Oh, and one more note. Don't go crazy trying to find too many of these right now. The great bulk of them are being reissued this fall from Herb Alpert Presents, all digitally remastered. Some will be on CD for the first time, and there are even some vinyl issues coming.

Harry

Yeah, I saw the re-issued thing. I hope this link works, this is what the albumn cover is supposed to look like when I get it I guess:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UFTPR4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Whether you ordered vinyl or CD from that page, it looks genuine.

Whether you ordered vinyl or CD from that page, it looks genuine.

Doesn't make much difference I just got it in the mail and it has a bad skip on side one so will have to send it back. Also got the ninth from this person and it's in good shape. That's how it goes with used albumns. Thanks Harry

Almost got taken by this. There were two of them the other was for $20.00 so I ordered it. It was described as a 12 in record red vinyl. I thought it was an LP with other songs on it but, it was a 12in record with only Red Hot & Sundown. I canceled the order. It can be bought at Discog for $3.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom