Noche de Amor (Song) question

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Listening to this track recently and looking at the credits which state:

"VERSION EN ESPAÑOL COOPRODUCIDA POR JOSE QUINTANA"

Now, I'm not very educated in the Spanish lamguage, but even I can translate that as:

"SPANISH VERSION CO-PRODUCED BY JOSE QUINTANA"

...and reading that makes me wonder, is there an English version somewhere that was never released? Perhaps it was attempted and abandoned?

Harry

Nope. Totally different songs. The album NOCHE DE AMOR has two different songs on it compared to BLOW YOUR OWN HORN. The two tracks that were omitted were "Blow Your Own Horn" and "Midnight Tango". In their place, with slightly jumbled order were the two different songs, "Sueño Precolombino" and "Noche De Amor". Great tracks too. Made the album very much better.

Harry

It is not being reissued but if it were, my preference would be the Noche album, with the two Blow tracks as the bonus.

As for the song? My guess would be an English version or instrumental version, if it ever existed.

They are both great songs and it would have been nice to have the album had i known about it at the time thankfully someone on youtube posted the two songs and i got to hear them i was tempted to download them and put them on a cd for my private collection. Since i already have vinyl version of the BYOH album along with a very clean pristine needledrop cd i could easily make my own CD version of Noche De Amor. And put all the songs in the original running order of that particular one. I had access to a youtube downloader app for my laptop a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom