Official Carpenters Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Tony. And thanks to both Tony and Randy for their verification efforts on this one. You'll notice I put a blurb about the official site here on the Corner's main page.

I've also noticed that it doesn't matter if you don't like Richard getting top billing on the URL. If you key in http://www.karenandrichardcarpenter.com , it goes to the same place.

Harry
...awaiting further developments, online...

Now the tide turns,

Since his book I have to say I've become a Randy fan. I'm gonna put my money on this one!

Sorry for the doubt Tony, it's simply that I/WE didn't know ALOT about you per your reporting. With the "tide turning" in the future I'll give you a fair shake.

I have often wished I were a little closer to the CarpenterS camp. As close as I've come is a fortune's worth of keepsakes. However, it does bring me comfort to know that someone was able to benefit from my purchases?

In the wrong biz,

Jeff

Tony is definitely "in the know" -- don't just believe the site is legit because of me... it was TONY who made us ALL aware of the new site going up. Thanks again, Tony, for sharing this and other inside info. We appreciate it!

Randy

Thanks Randy, I really appreciate your vindicating me and validating the accuracy of my information. You're a very kind and gracious man.

Now folks, let's all wish good luck to this new official Carpenters site and to those who are putting it together. They will appreciate us sending out good vibes. "You close your eyes, you concentrate, together, that's the way..."

Tony

Harry (plus Tony and Randy - kudos)

I acknowledge your comment about entering the URL in the reverse order K&R as opposed to R&K...

Somehow I think it works better the way it is, that's the way it was billed on the 1990 UK 'Only Yesterday' collection, the hits of 'Richard and Karen Carpenter'.

I think, in Richard's defence, it 'trips' off the tongue easier and is also homage to his sister in that her name remains intact in that billing!

Plus, don't forget, the website address has that liner, at the bottom

May 2004, Richard Carpenter

The minute he caught wind of anything unauthorised with his official name against it (Todd Haynes, but to a lesser degree in this case), he'd be on it like a ton of bricks.

Here's hoping for the best

Stephen[/i]

Indeed, Steven. Why should we need a website by Richard Carpenter? We have our own A&M Corner Forum!

Bruno :)

Personally,

I believe that Karen and Richard Carpenter has a better ring to it. After- all???

Jeff

This site has been updated again and looking more and more like an official site. It now had a link for fan mail. Can't wait to see it in the future :!: :)

Right Andrew, just looked, wow, it's lookin better & better all the time. Another big thank you to Tony for giving us all the heads up on this. :)

Says Richard has 2 assistants.

So 21 SACD tracks Richard is working on, wow that is really really cool.

There's a news link. Cool!!!

Even let's us know at the bottom when it's been updated. :)

Do you think that the new SACD 5.1 mixes will be totally new remixes not just 1991 remixes mixed into 5.1 ?

If you haven't taken a look at the Web site lately, you should. It's looking better and better. The design has been updated yet again, and today there's a nice message thanking fans and acknowledging their input.

Tony

I know it's too early to think about such a thing but why don't we have Richard select a few unreleased songs from the vault and offer us a chance to vote for our favorite song so he can consider releasing it for another Carpenters album/single/compilation/bonus track?

:) Something in the wind has learned my name and it's tellin' me that things are not the same :love:

I have a feeling that this thought has been posted already. I hope that Richard will make available access to TV specials concerts or
any other relevant type of video footage. JIM

Richard is keeping very busy in recording sessions at Capitol Studios creating something special - a 5.1 Surround Sound mix of 21 favored selections - destined to be released on SA-CD (Super Audio Compact Disc) and DVD-Audio in the near future. Is this great news, or what!?!

That is great news!

why don't we have Richard select a few unreleased songs

Hmm, I don't think any of us has the power to "have" Richard do anything. :D I'd like to have him come and play for my 5th wedding anniversary but I don't think he would.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Boy, people are hitting this site like crazy!! And, I for one, am extremely happy to see it! Our patience has won out.

Marilyn,
who is also remembering it's Richard and Mary's 20th anniversary today!

Wow Andrew that is truly something to look forward to! With todays audio technology 5.1 will add a new demension to the music!
I can still remeber listening to Close To You on a 45 on a mono portable back in 70!
Jim

I don't think any of us has the power to "have" Richard do anything. I'd like to have him come and play for my 5th wedding anniversary but I don't think he would.

Uh, Mike. Why don't we then suggest and request over and over again that he do so for us on line?
I would like to know how many requests and demands fans sent to him for releases like Rainbow Connection and And When He Smiles.

If we don't write to him or tell him about what we want to hear, he may conclude that there's nobody out here who's interested in his works.
I think it's up to you if you can persuade him into playing for your wedding anniversary.
If you're really after it and mean it, it's worth a try. Haven't you ever tried to contact or write to David Alley?

I think you already read Richard's note about "I Need To Be In Love" at "Gold:35th Anniversary Edition" liner notes or on Official Website. This song and compilation CD which contains this song became big sellers in Japan.

Young fans who didn't know Karen passed away called and wrote to A&M asking when next album would be released and when Carpenters would come to Japan. So A&M decided to release Karen's solo album.

We can write emails to ask release songs to the official website.
How about DVD "as time goes by" with "Medley(Music Music Music):Sing/Knowing When To Leave/Make It Easy On Yourself/Someday/We've Only Just Begun"?

I guess the songs on CD's are easier to be released as DVD than songs which have many music right problems.

How about DVD "Live at London Theatre"(It was broadcast) and "Live in Osaka 1976" (You know "There's A Kind Of Hush")?

Richard wrote Gold liner notes last December, and on the official site, October 2003. Is there any difference between CD liner notes and album notes or song notes on website ?

Sakura

Richard is quite happy for suggestions / improvements on various releases , re-issues and projects :)

Just does not not like demands , letters that complain , winge , moan etc , etc ....and who would ..... :oops:

Richard has responded in past with And When He Smiles , RAINBOW & other tracks .....more will be provided in the future ....some on website that do not merit official CD release .....:cool:

Peter

350hunny, I was just making a joke over your choice of words. (Hence the :D in my post.) Sending RC a letter requesting or suggesting something is a long way from "having" somebody do something.

I fully expect that someday, bits and pieces of things like unfinished tracks will probably be available on the web. But, on the other hand, maybe RC would prefer that unfinished/substandard work not see public release. And I would not blame him! Look at what's been done to Elvis Presley's catalog by RCA. When he sold his soul to the record company, they were free to put whatever scraps they could out to the masses...and they have, continuously, since he died.

Reading the posts prior to this one of mine, I wish Mom & Dad Carpenter were still alive! :cry:
You know, they were so nice to the fans that for example, they actually "had" Karen & Richard show their manners to those whose request for their autographs was turned down by visiting them and putting their autographs on their albums.

In that respect, such parents could have been a pain in their children's necks but I'm sure Agnes and Harold would have been the last resort that a powerless fan could have gone to when it comes to a small wish of his or hers.

And, IMHO, Richard seems to make light of his talents and works.
I understand that he wouldn't put out substandard pieces but what are the criteria? Richard says that when he heard the Beatles's Anthology, their outtakes were still outtakes.
But I guess fans learn something new even from outtakes. That's great.
And I expect the same from the Carpenters works.

And whether or not the writer or the singer likes their song has nothing to do with its success. Take Dionne Warwick for example. She doesn't like songs she sang in uptempo and they hit. So her record label asks her if she likes the song she has just recorded and when she says she doesn't like it, they're happy to hear it because they aniticipate it will be a hit.

I'm just sad to let the legacy Karen and Richard have left hang around when Richard is still able to make the most of it.

There's still time for Richard to pay homage to Karen and the Carpenters in general -- a step I feel he is taking with his website. It will take time, yes, but it's worth the wait. The way I see it, we have something new and wonderful to look forward to -- we just need to be patient and allow it to happen, which it will.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of the website, as well as Richard's future endeavors. Whatever they may be, I wish him nothing but the best.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom